Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock:

holy shit....this is the loud sound i get from installing my cobb sri and cobb turbo inlet. when i get on the gas, it sounds like the turbo is going to ingest the air filter.

Is this normal for the speeds? I can handle the spooling sound and the bpv sound, but its the sucking throught the air filter thats kind of annoying. If i wanted to show off all the time, this would be perfect!!! I thought i had somewhat of a sleeper car until this install. I cant even sneak up on dead people now.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
that's quite normal for all turbo cars with intake/inlet. especially a sri, they are louder than a cai.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yep is normal... I took the car to the dealer for some service and they said that the car had some huge leak due to the SRI... leak my ass :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
My friend's Legacy GT makes that same sound with his SRI, it's normal and I think it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure I'll be able to give a few senior citizens a heart attack. Theres alot of em down here
:eekcrazy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed my Cobb SRI and Turbo Inlet a couple of days ago, along with the Forge bov. With the whoooshhhh and the 2 swords fighting under the hood, cars driving beside me has to wonder wtf is going on with that car. :lol: :cali_axela:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Unlike alot of other people, I got very sick of the sound of my cobb, got lucky and sold it while they were still hot and purchased a cp-e cai and couldnt be happier. Now I am in the process of deciding what inlet I want to get. IDK if cp-e's is worth the extra 30 for doing the same thing but I may spring for it just because I like them as a company

·
Registered
120 Posts
[quote author=cde1218 link=topic=139711.msg3013981#msg3013981 date=1237909854]
Unlike alot of other people, I got very sick of the sound of my cobb, got lucky and sold it while they were still hot and purchased a cp-e cai and couldnt be happier. Now I am in the process of deciding what inlet I want to get. IDK if cp-e's is worth the extra 30 for doing the same thing but I may spring for it just because I like them as a company
[/quote]

Why do you personally like the CAI more? I'm currently trying to decide between the same two - the COBB SRI and the CP-E CAI?

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote author=mattspeed3 link=topic=139711.msg3018371#msg3018371 date=1238071600]
Why do you personally like the CAI more? I'm currently trying to decide between the same two - the COBB SRI and the CP-E CAI?
[/quote]

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago.

I went with the SRI because it was cheaper and easier, and I'm just a beginner (first mod what!).

I don't think the noise is overt at all. You can definitely tell it's turbo-charged now with the blow off, but the whoosh (on my car) is fairly subdued during normal driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote author=Siphon3D link=topic=139711.msg3018408#msg3018408 date=1238073673]
[quote author=mattspeed3 link=topic=139711.msg3018371#msg3018371 date=1238071600]
[/quote]

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago.

I went with the SRI because it was cheaper and easier, and I'm just a beginner (first mod what!).

I don't think the noise is overt at all. You can definitely tell it's turbo-charged now with the blow off, but the whoosh (on my car) is fairly subdued during normal driving.
[/quote]

I agree. I like the sound. I have a Mustang that's pretty loud, so the Whooooshhhh is kind of refreshing. :quiet:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts