Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
idriverx8--
If you read these forums for a while, you'll notice that there is a close knit community of East Coast Mazda3 autocrossers here. They all know each other and cheer each other on, and many of them have good advice to give. But they also have their little close knit group and largely ignore West Coast events. I've posted results and events and have gotten little to no response.

I know there are a few guys from the bay area, and they have good things to say on this forum too, but I believe from attending events that there is only one HS Mazda3 being run in southern California. To fill the El Toro event, you may want to try the CalClub boards at www.solo2.com. It's a dedicated site to the LA area SCCA autocross club.

It'd be interested too to see who would be willing to come out to El Toro and also the Wendover Pro.

This is NOT a knock against the guys on this forum, just observations. Like I said, many of the East Coast guys have good and helpful things to say and I'm not trying to knock them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It's not that we ignore them, it's more that there haven't been many (any?) 3's running in HS or DS at the National level. I think Scott was the only regular MS3 driver at Pro's and Tours.

And El Toro IS a bit of a drive for most of us on the East Coast. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
One of these days, I'd love to do arrive and drive as part of a mini-vacation, but it isn't in the budget/schedule this year.

It isn't that I ignore the West Coast stuff, it is just that there doesn't seem to be a lot of HS regulars and I didn't know who was who on here. I know Curt and Will and James (and he isn't west coast any more) from other forums and meeting them at Nationals, but that is about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, Curt, Will, and James (now in TX) are all great guys. My co-driver and I are hoping to do nationals for the first time this year. Hopefully we can all meet sometime there (other than smack talking in grid, of course :))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts