Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I want an SCI rear sway of course.... :lol:

But then I want to really have a nice ride at the track, so I was thinking about getting a front sway to go with it...

So I found these whiteline sways @ http://www.cvrperformance.com/model.php?mod_id=50

Anyone know if these are any good? I dont have any suspension mods besides progress springs.

Will this help my handleing? Is it a good thing to do with the SCI rear Sway?

THANKS! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOBODY KNOWS??? :shock:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I have the Whiteline front bar on my hatch. It really flattens out the front nicely under cornering. I ran it with my Progress v.1 bar and now with my Racing Beat one. Really worth the money. Pain in the butt install though...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same thickness in the rear as the SCI, and yes, they are cheap!

My problem is that in the corners, the front end keeps sliding out, even with next to no gas on it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
More negative camber and/or better tires may help you there. I just wish someone carried the 24mm Whiteline sway bars but if I can't find them, I'll probably just go for the 22s.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you get them, I have to be there when you instal them, I want to see these things! lol

I am just wanting to get all of my suspension/handleing stuff around and ready and do everyhitng at once(already have the drop springs). I also have seen all of the GT SPEC and other companies (http://www.thespeedline.com) thay have some good prices on the body bars...wonder if the trunk bar really does anything...

Maybe i will just get EVERYTHING and have the STIFFEST CAR AROUND!!! lol :lol:

WHAT? Couldnt hurt? lol

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But it is almost twice as much!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ther is a 3 here on the forum that GT SPEC used for all of its bar pics...could someone be cool enough to labe the pic with each name of the bar by it????

PLEASE??? :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
So you would rather pay a low price once and get crap that could result in you spending more money than just pay the price for the good stuff? :crazy:

I see this in the tire business also. People buy crap and get mad when it doesn't last. Look at the welds on the front lower tie brace from Speedline and then GT Spec. World of difference. I don't want to come across as an elitist, but really with most things, you get what you pay for, why compromise that in the name of instant gratification?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yeah, I've gone the cheap route before. You learn that it's better to just pay more once than pay for something twice.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, good point.

But do you think that these Whiteline bars are the same way????

I really dont know that much about suspension and all of these body bars. I mean, are they worth the money? Do they stifffen the whole car or just look cool (they really do too!)?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
COOL, thats what I wanted to hear! Did you see the adjustable bar further down the page?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yeah, sure did. I'd probably just get the non-adjustable one, though because I would just set it to full stiffness and forget it anyway.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Adjustables are nice. You can start soft to get used to the change, before just diving into the stiffest setting. I did that with my first rear bar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts