Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Google to search this site and came up empty. I have a CWP MS3 and have had RX8 rims on it since I bought it back in June of last year. I have always liked the look of white on white and I'm toying with the idea of power coating the rims white or painted in CWP. Has anyone here done this yet? And if you have could you post pics?

I realize that white on white is not a popular combo, but I like the look regardless. I know folks always suggest going with black rims, but I personally cannot stand black wheels on a white vehicle. I just don't care for the black hole effect it creates in the wheel wells. But, as with most things, it's all a matter of preference. Bronze/gold wheels are an option, but I'd like to see what white looks like first.

Thanks in advance for any pics folks may have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=i love jdm hoes link=topic=138748.msg2990624#msg2990624 date=1236889292]
Everyone other white car I see with aftermarket wheels is white on white. Do something different.

Like what he ^ said.
[/quote]

I cannot remember the last time I've seen any white car with white rims and I've never seen a white Mazda 3 with matching rims in real life. In the hour or so searching this forum, I was able to find only one white on white Mazda hatch.

So, I guess in my neck of the woods, I would be very unique.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
I have an 09 CWP sedan and I'm about 80% sure I'm going to have the Mazda 6 rims I have powdercoated white.

I too love the white on white look. Who cares what other people think! (And, btw, I also think black wheels on white looks like black holes on white cars!!)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
/\ that pic above should give you an idea what it would look like if rx8s are painted white. That would be something very different. So more power to you. I just IMO prefer something clean

·
Registered
391 Posts
someone get pics of mazduhs SLAMMED car with the white rims, that car was wicked

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=AxelaCubed link=topic=138748.msg2991029#msg2991029 date=1236903421]
/\ that pic above should give you an idea what it would look like if rx8s are painted white. That would be something very different. So more power to you. I just IMO prefer something clean
[/quote]

Yeah, that will do nicely. Verto, could you post or PM more pics, perhaps in the daylight?

·
Registered
119 Posts
or you could get black rims and paint the lip around them white so that thers sum white between the wheel and the tire..theres a white g35 in my town with that combo and it looks soo sick..if i had a white car i would defintly do that it looks the best IMO..plus white cars with dark tint,black rims, tinted headlights look soo sexi..

·
Registered
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
yeah.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Meh... I say black car, white tires, black wheels...

but that's off topic and impossible and I'm just bored.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Mizzle link=topic=138748.msg2995484#msg2995484 date=1237136986]but that's off topic and impossible and I'm just bored.
[/quote]

Nah, just need to get this in a 225/45 and you'd be set:

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I would LOVE to see rx-8 wheels in white on a CWP speed3. I've seen akaveli's car in person and the wheels look great on the car. Just be ready to clean them often, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts