Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have heard that people are having good luck with the rebuilt ones that are sold on eBay. Unfortunately, I don’t know who the specific seller is. A friend bought one for around $400 iirc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill I really appreciated the response, thats the route I was planning. I know very little about these cars. Im a nissan guy, but my friend has one and they are a blast to drive, and the egronomics are great. His was a pristine silver model before he loaned it to a friend and the guy crashed it and then lied about it. He needs a new bumper too, but I think thats in the future. .The TCM has him scared with the price quote he got, but I am planning on doing it for him

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also, is there an atricle explaining what the common code and symptoms for a tcm is? I took it to a local franchise type shop and had a guy come out and scan it and tell me it was the TCM and hand me his business card. Seemed like a pretty legit guy but I just want to confirm the symptoms. The car seems like it may be shifting rough, but moreso its running rough with very little power like a limp mode. An inconsistent limp mode. It has only done it twice, and the car has cleared the code itself and is running fine for over a week.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Also, is there an atricle explaining what the common code and symptoms for a tcm is? I took it to a local franchise type shop and had a guy come out and scan it and tell me it was the TCM and hand me his business card. Seemed like a pretty legit guy but I just want to confirm the symptoms.
I would do a search on this website to confirm, but as I understand it, the trans will be stuck in one gear and you will have a light on the dash. As well as an odd symbol in the gear number screen. (This pertains to what I remember about the first gen cars though). Also, the 1st gen cars with the 2.0 engines apparently have the TCM integrated into the ECU. There is/was a huge amount of info on these cars on this website, the trick is to find it...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My TCM went out on me earlier this year!!!....I was looking at getting a Refurb TCM that was cheaper...BUT I decided I did not wanna get a Refurb TCM and then have issues...SO I just bought a new TCM that was arounnd $500 at least I have the piece of mind I wont have any issues for a while!...Knocks on Cyber Wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts