Mazda3 Forums banner

which of these rims is best choice...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. the black rims are a 7.5 width.. but a 48 offset,....

the ACE rims are 8 inch width and 48 offset...

both rims are in my budget... i really wanted 18's...

THE THIRD ONE.... well.. thats a bit out of my budget but i'm willing to stretch for those rims... or some that might be just as hot... i pm'd wheeldude. im trying to get a quote.. so we'll see...

any other suggestions welcome, i need rims like yesterday already.. I HAVE 15 STOCKERS... and as if that werent bad enough.. i'm missing one.. so i'm riding on ONE STEELIE AND 3 15 inch stockers... help!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to mention.. they are going on a black mica 04 sedan. with a pro-kit, that i'm waiting for... i need to budget for some sway bars... lets keep that in mind...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Personally I like 5 spoke, or split spoke. As much as I like Rotas, they are a little played out. But that says that they are obviously nice wheels! I like the second ones, but the wheels that I hope to get are probably gonna be one of, Rota, Tenzo, or Work. Thay are all a little played out though. Whatever!

Sorry to go off on wheels Im getting ha, but if I had a choice out of the 3 it would be either the second ones or the Rotas

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
im wary of ebay wheels

never heard of either of the 1st two brands so i say rotas - they are played the hell out lol especially with the 3's crowd :)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Yeah I would stick with a known name brand

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea see.. after shoppping... our problems come from offsets, and odd sizes.. not that we have odd sizes, but... the fact is not EVERY manufacturer makes a 18x8 with a 48... i made the decision last night to stop screwing around and call wheel dude and just order some standard rotas..... its the only way to get the perfect offset... which to me is 48, and 8" width.... quite frankly... its kinda slim pickins... by the time i add tires to the rota's im almost at 1500 bucks... so u can see why i came to pick the first two choices, 1299 with tires isnt so bad.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
No not bad at all, but you might get a lower quality for the lower price. Anyway, what wheels did you decide on???

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
You guys havent heard of Ace wheels? Where've you been? They manufacture a lot of OEM wheels too. I say go with the Ace's... I was looking at those when I bought my wheels. I wouldnt waste my money on the Rotas. Not only does everybody have them, but time attack is played out, and they're not very strong. Also, IMO 5spokes look better on sedans than 7+ spokes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i did it... i stretched my budget... just a lil bit... the only problem is that i had to order the tires, and rims seperately, i cant afford a package... i found 18 inch rubber for 75 bucks a piece, and it costs 75 to ship all 4 wheels, thats 375.... lugnuts alone costed me 80 bucks... so i'm already at 880 in rims and lugnuts.... so now... u add 375 for tires... now im at 1225.00 i still have to get valve stems, and get them mounted and balanced... from wheel dude or anyone that sells packages for that matter, they charge you at LEAST 550 or so for the tires alone.. in a mounted or balanced situation... so that wouldve been... 880+525<225/40/18 = $1405.00

so i guess im saving 100-200 on the whole deal, but theres alot of running around you do. i can't just take them out of the box and slap them on when i get home... but o well.. i need the money now for my camber fix. gotta save.. the ecomony is bad.. WOOOOO HOOOOOO im gettin my sweet candy lips.... hope it goes well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts