Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home today, and was trying to figure out how to make my car more fun to drive. I had some power mods in mind, but as I was heading down a windy stretch, it struck me that some suspension work could be fun. This car IS my daily driver, and I have no plans to track/drag/autocross. Just a little spirited driving.

I have on: Turbosmart hybrid BOV in recirc, MS CAI, TRZ delrin rear MM, RKM shifter bushings, redline MT90.

I was thinking of getting next:
1) DP or TBE (likely CP-e)
2) Cobb AP
3) FMIC
4) TWM SS

Any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am open to suggestions other than those on the list. However, I have no idea about any kind of suspension work...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just got the COBB intake, and hence the mod bug that I have just contracted, but I'm thinking of saving up for the COBB Stage 2 Suspension. I like the idea of the Mazdaspeed parts warranty but those parts are too rich for my taste. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
903 Posts
it seems like you have a lot of the basic mods which is good place to start....

best bang for your buck power mod besides the intake would definately be the downpipe (cp-e's catted dp is phenomenal and will not trigger a cel). don't bother with the cat-back unless you like the sound, it wont yield much power.

best bang for your buck suspension/handling mod would be front and rear sways (hotchkis are the thickest and most aggressive, cobb's are a little less thick in the rear but still good)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Eibach pro kit springs.

And I agree on the downpipe. Seems to be the best next mod, as I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out what to get next.

·
Registered
568 Posts
[quote author=0nsp link=topic=135739.msg2923101#msg2923101 date=1234164603]
I was driving home today, and was trying to figure out how to make my car more fun to drive. I had some power mods in mind, but as I was heading down a windy stretch, it struck me that some suspension work could be fun. This car IS my daily driver, and I have no plans to track/drag/autocross. Just a little spirited driving.

I have on: Turbosmart hybrid BOV in recirc, MS CAI, TRZ delrin rear MM, RKM shifter bushings, redline MT90.

I was thinking of getting next:
1) DP or TBE (likely CP-e)
2) Cobb AP
3) FMIC
4) TWM SS

Any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am open to suggestions other than those on the list. However, I have no idea about any kind of suspension work...

[/quote]

For a daily driver, you can't go wrong with simple bolt-ons. If you're under 36K, I would suggest getting MS Coilvers (which are KW Type 2's) an MS camber kit, and an alignment. Mazdaspeed is a bit pricey but well worth the investment, AND you get to keep your warranty. Or, if you're looking to spend under a grand and are outside warranty, maybe get a downpipe. On a stock tune, the CAI and DP will net you around 270 whp / 285 wtq. That's enough to give an STi/Evo a run for their money on the fwy.

IMO, the MS3 is pretty potent stock. That's why I plan to do the suspension first before tinkering with the motor (if at all). Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts