Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a meth kit here within a couple of weeks. I've got it narrowed down to possible choices, both of which pretty damn good. Both of which are around the same price too, so it just looks like a matter of preference at this point. Ones from Labonte Motorsports, which seems to be more of less the same thing, except it tees into a boost line, and then theres the DevilsOwn kit which taps into a MAP sensor wire. I like the Labonte kit, because I can add one of their fail safe controllers to it, and then use that in conjunction with the CPE profuel controller once I use the standback.

I have to say, not hacking into the stock wiring harness is a bit more appealing to me as well.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/water-injection-kits-1/mazda-50/mazdaspeed-3-6-276.html

http://www.labontemotorsports.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/ISG-25.html

Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the failsafe you are speaking of is an add on thing from labonte, which would in turn send a signal to the CP-E profuel controller which would THEN tell the standback to pull timing and not go above wastegate pressure on boost.

Which will be a great thing to have once I'm tuned for the meth. Right now I just want to run it for the added safety.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=Babyface link=topic=138390.msg2984252#msg2984252 date=1236642508]
Can we use these with the Cobb AP? I think it couldnt huet but dont want to screw up the way my car runs.
[/quote]

Yeah, it won't hurt anything at all. It will actually be a nice safety measure.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
labonte kit ftmfw. get their pump\tank\nozzles\failsafe, and get cp-e controller. the cp-e controller works great with the labonte kit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i've witnessed three meth installs.

(1) devil's own progressive. did not go right first or second time. third time's a charm.
(2) devil's own non-progressive...did not go right first time. off the car now.
(3) labonte kit. idk what the options are, so i won't speak on what the kit had, but this guy was tapping into a boost source and had a new solenoid. it wasn't working properly and couldn't figure out the source, since there were a bunch of variables...took it off the car and sold the kit.

hahhahahhahha. none were on my car

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=killa cam link=topic=138390.msg2984749#msg2984749 date=1236656960]
labonte kit ftmfw. get their pump\tank\nozzles\failsafe, and get cp-e controller. the cp-e controller works great with the labonte kit.
[/quote]

Right, that's the plan once I have the standback installed. I currently don't and want to run meth before then.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
[quote author=phillyb link=topic=138390.msg2984860#msg2984860 date=1236660990]
i've witnessed three meth installs.

(1) devil's own progressive. did not go right first or second time. third time's a charm.
(2) devil's own non-progressive...did not go right first time. off the car now.
(3) labonte kit. idk what the options are, so i won't speak on what the kit had, but this guy was tapping into a boost source and had a new solenoid. it wasn't working properly and couldn't figure out the source, since there were a bunch of variables...took it off the car and sold the kit.

hahhahahhahha. none were on my car
[/quote]

they probably failed because you were there! hahaha jk

My DO kit installed just fine the very first time. It's really not that hard

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I think Philly just has an aura of bad luck around him or something. Mr. I can't wire things properly and fried my ECU. :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
[quote author=killa cam link=topic=138390.msg2986405#msg2986405 date=1236726641]
too bad you can't groan at him tho! lol
[/quote]

phillyb would like to say thank you for this useful post

1 - 17 of 17 Posts