Mazda3 Forums banner

Which Mazdaspeed MZ3 rumor would you like to come true?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would prefer a turbocharged 240hp AWD 4-dr sedan MZ3.

What does everyone else wish for?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Why would anyone pick the first 2 selections? Can't ever have enough power :) Plus unless traction control/stability control becomes an option, the 240hp/AWD option would be the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I don't htink anyone's gonna go for the 200HP FWD options.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
240hp 5door AWD. Nothing beats controllable AWD.

R32 Skyline V-Spec.. (sings) nottthhhing compares... nothing compares... TO YOU.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not to harp on you 5-door fan, but I doubt that will ever happen. Mazda turbocharged the Protegé, not the Protegé5 and yes, the WRX is available in HB, but the STi is strictly 4 doors, and there's no 271 hp Lancer Ralliart, just the sedan. I would be extremely surprised if Mazda did a MPS 5-door.

·
Registered
272 Posts
98LX said:
Not to harp on you 5-door fan, but I doubt that will ever happen. Mazda turbocharged the Protegé, not the Protegé5 and yes, the WRX is available in HB, but the STi is strictly 4 doors, and there's no 271 hp Lancer Ralliart, just the sedan. I would be extremely surprised if Mazda did a MPS 5-door.
I totally agree.

Also:

The S40 will come with a turbo (218HP/236TQ) and AWD as well as a 6-speed manual. Those holding out for the Mazdaspeed 3 can probably get a pretty accurate picture of what they should expect by looking at the new Volvo.

Sadly, the S40 with the turbo and 6-speed could do no better than 6.3s 0-60 according to Volvo/Car&Driver. And those guys are good. For having so much more power and TQ, it really isn't that much faster than the 3s. And I'm damn sure it doesn't handle or brake as well. It weighs nearly 3100lbs! And nearly $30K!!! Give me a G35 6-spd at that price!

I think I would just rather save some $$$ and get a 3s. I think a Mazdaspeed version might actually upset the near-perfect balance (relatively speaking, of course) of performance/comfort/manners the 3s already has. I think a Mazdaspeed would be too hard-core for my taste.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i voted for the 200hp 5dr fwd

why?

b/c i still believe that the 3 is an economy car, and although more power always seems better...

i just believe that its only fair to not give the mz6 v6 and rx-8 any competition. i believe that they deserve their respect. and therefore 200hp would be enough.....although awd would be good.

this is how i see it:

m3(gt/s)=m6base < MS3 < m6v6 < MS6 < rx8 < MSrx8

·
Registered
155 Posts
yup I agree. I voted FWD 200 hp. thats hell of enough power for me and makes more sense. Its an ECONOMY CAR. I'm thinking 4WD 240 hp would probable be like low 30's in CDN. sooo I'm thinking more mid/high 20's is ideal price for me.
200hp AWD would be nice too, but FWD is good enough for now

Its part of marketing and availability and REASONING, I'd agree with a 240 hp MS6 though

As long as your at the level of the competition your fine. I'm sure Mazda doesn't want to start a European HP wars, like whats going on with Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts