Mazda3 Forums banner

Which one is better? In looks, reliablility, and past use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
i like b the best

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wanted to get B for my car... but I notice the turn signal light, there's nothing there... so I'm assuming I'd either have to have an ugly yellow bulb showing there or use a clear one for my turn signal? Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can get chrome dipped or chrome capped bulbs for the turn signal....or LEDs with a resistor.

·
Registered
582 Posts
[quote author=JASK0 link=topic=137000.msg3084637#msg3084637 date=1240721004]
I wanted to get B for my car... but I notice the turn signal light, there's nothing there... so I'm assuming I'd either have to have an ugly yellow bulb showing there or use a clear one for my turn signal? Can someone confirm this?
[/quote]

You could by a chrome bulb from www.autolumination.com. That's what most people do. I just bought these for my hatchback. Similiar to Option B but smoked!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-2006-MAZDA-3-4DR-SEDAN-SMOKE-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-04-05_W0QQitemZ350170786822QQihZ022QQcategoryZ33716QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought B and I'm trying to install now. Can someone with experience installing the led taillight explain to me how to wire the 3 wires coming from the LED board. It came with some plug but it doesn't fit the factory harness... wtf

My thread is in here if anyone would please help me I would be very appreciative. I bought it from the ebay seller above as well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The lights didn't come with instructions? What does the connection to the LED board look like with the wires?

*EDIT* Nevermind. Found your thread.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Take the OEM bulb sockets out of your OEM tail lights. Then take the bulbs out of them. You have to plug the wire from the LED lights, into the socket, then plug the socket in the cars wiring like you normally would for the OEM lights. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
930 Posts
[quote author=z00mz00m3 link=topic=137000.msg3093553#msg3093553 date=1241057351]
Take the OEM bulb  sockets out of your OEM tail lights.  Then take the bulbs out of them.  You have to plug the wire from the LED lights, into the socket, then plug the socket in the cars wiring like you normally would for the OEM lights.  Hope that helps!
[/quote]

Yep. I put that in ja3hawk's thread for you z00mz00m3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can I just use any of these LED 7440 bulbs with no issues, soldering. Basically can I just plug and play these into the factory harness. I need to replace that clear turn signal and I'm interested in some of the LED bulbs. I heard someone mention something about fast blinking because of LED bulbs. Will this happen to me if I us em?

http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm]
[url]http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm
[/url]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
yes you will get a page load error if you use the led's without a resistor.....

lmao....but seriously they will blink really fast because of lesser resistance by the bulb, like stupid fast....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Depending on your car colour option B but the smoked version.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts