Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy some HID match halogen bulbs in the mean time before shelling out the cash for an HID kit. Which HID Match bulbs do people recommend to get a white look while still having good/adequate light output?

Cosmos Blue?

XenonExpert?

Also....What will look sharper on a TiGrey sedan?

HID Match low beams with Noyka Yellow Fogs
or
HID Match low beams with HID match fogs?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I've been periodically dealing with this since 2005 and I've tried the "Xenon Match" bulbs before. The only problem is, when the bulb is that blue (Cosmos Blue) the lumens are seriously reduced. Hoen tried to counteract the problem by increasing the Wattage. The problem with that, melting bulb harness and wiring.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Cool blue look on headlights, the only problem is they are not worth it. If you want HID I suggest getting HID.

I'm not willing to pay the addtional $150+ for the kit and installation so I still try to find Xenon Match like bulbs. My latest purchase was a pair of Silvania Silverstar's. Very nice bulbs and very reasonable on Ebay. The problem with those: (4 months later) the bulbs burt out.

So the choice is yours

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i'm running the mtec cosmo blue bulbs in both my fogs and my lows. i can tell you to make sure your lights are aimed correctly, as the lumens are decreased. now, the bulbs still light up the road well and look very sexy, they just don't light it up as well as the factory halogens.

they look white during the day and sort of blue-ish if you look from the side. at night they're a bit more blue.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=jreeves_86 link=topic=71850.msg1274297#msg1274297 date=1174226439]
Im looking for a good HID kit, What is going to be the best for my money? Any suggestions
[/quote]

I couldn't be happier with my UED (forum sponsor) 6000k 35w kit. whatever you decide to get, definitely go with a sponsor. lifetime warranty and plenty of support :goodjob: Jake is a great guy, he's always been there when I've had questions or problems.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=71850.msg1276231#msg1276231 date=1174319346]
[quote author=jreeves_86 link=topic=71850.msg1274297#msg1274297 date=1174226439]
Im looking for a good HID kit, What is going to be the best for my money? Any suggestions
[/quote]

I couldn't be happier with my UED (forum sponsor) 6000k 35w kit. whatever you decide to get, definitely go with a sponsor. lifetime warranty and plenty of support :goodjob: Jake is a great guy, he's always been there when I've had questions or problems.
[/quote]

+1.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Im thinking about getting Phillips HID kit in 6000k, how do you think it will look with the Noyka Hyper Yellows fogs I already have? Will it make much of a differance from my factory Projectors with Silverstar bulbs, I need a new set up, this one is played out

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the factory HID lowbeams, and wanted to replace the fog lights to match. I went with the Hoen Xenonmatch. Yes, they are much dimmer than the stock lights. But really, I don't use my fogs for function. The HID mains send so much usable light to the sides, I could barely tell the difference when I turned the fogs on and off before. Now I can't tell any difference, but who cares. For me, I just wanted the color to match. It wasn't worth bucking up for rear HID fogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts