Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 hatch, and I'm wanting to get the low beams and fog lights for my car. I've used Hoen before, and they were great bulbs, I just don't know what other brands are out there that people are using. I've seen the XTec halogen bulbs as well, and the lifetime warranty is real nice. Anyway, let me know what else I can consider, I searched but only saw 2-3 other bulb manufacterers.

iydkmightky

·
Registered
528 Posts
You may be sick of hearing/reading this, but for the lows, you should save up and get an HID conversion kit.

I, as well as many others I assume, speak out of experience, and by the time you spend time and money on HALOGEN alternatives, you would've been better off with HID kits.

Many sponsors offer HID kits at low prices + warranty OR slightly higher prices + LIFETIME warranty. To me, those are GD attractive deals.

In terms of the foglights, I just slapped on some yellow Rockblocker films for protection and the yellow look (w/ the OEM bulbs).

All in all, keep in mind though, that COATED bulbs (pulling the same wattage as OEM) will output less USABLE light.
For the fogs, it's not much of a deal.
For the lows however, you ought to think about it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i agree with him.. get a 4500K or 5000K H7 HID kit... so much better... you'd never wanna go back to halogen...

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=neeldub link=topic=70010.msg1223530#msg1223530 date=1172148753]
i agree with him.. get a 4500K or 5000K H7 HID kit... so much better... you'd never wanna go back to halogen...
[/quote]

+1 to this

·
Registered
528 Posts
+3 :)

For example:
You see these vehicles equipped with a bunch of additional lighting (whether they be driving/auxiliary/fog/what-have-you) approaching and passing you on the interstate.

The glare (usually because they're not aimed correctly) pisses you off.
Then, you notice that the output intensity SEEMS intense up to 5ft in front of their vehicle, but the output intensity is $hit even compared to HID conversion kits.

All in all, I hope you take into consideration the comments that members here have posted.
If not - that's fine - it's your decision/car, after all.

·
Registered
291 Posts
[quote author=eiquilla link=topic=70010.msg1222850#msg1222850 date=1172112050]
You may be sick of hearing/reading this, but for the lows, you should save up and get an HID conversion kit.

I, as well as many others I assume, speak out of experience, and by the time you spend time and money on HALOGEN alternatives, you would've been better off with HID kits.

Many sponsors offer HID kits at low prices + warranty OR slightly higher prices + LIFETIME warranty. To me, those are GD attractive deals.

In terms of the foglights, I just slapped on some yellow Rockblocker films for protection and the yellow look (w/ the OEM bulbs).

How long to conversion kits last? I thought that they can also cause damage to the light assembly due to massive heat...no? Also, to you all think they strain the alternator? Just some Q's from another person that is on the fence. What kind did you all get?
All in all, keep in mind though, that COATED bulbs (pulling the same wattage as OEM) will output less USABLE light.
For the fogs, it's not much of a deal.
For the lows however, you ought to think about it.
[/quote]

·
Registered
191 Posts
I didnt have the cash to drop on a HID kit so I bought the Phillips Blue Vision bulbs. I love them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im using Nokya H7 Arctic White... Very pleased with the lighting.
Phillips has this new halogen coming out... I forgot what it was called... xtreme-max or something like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts