Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08.5 GS Sedan that didn't come with fogs and I would like to add some. I think that there are two types that would fit into my cut out plastic rectangles on my bumper, however I would like the ones that give off the brighter light, which one should I choose?

OR

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its difficult to compare a round fog to a rectangular fog light as far as brightness. I have the rectangular fog on my MS3 fitted with Heon endurance yellow bulbs. Most of the light is cast right in front of the car with the rectangular. I cant get it aimed high enough to do anything else.

If you look at the round fogs on the top pix there is no light shield around the bulb. Compare that to the rectangular fog with its light shield around almost 2/3 of the bulb. IMO the winner (brightest) would be the light with no light shield.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
they're both for different cars.

the top is an accessory for the i model sedan and the bottom is for the 07+ hatchback.

that being said, neither casts any useable light. they're just for looks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Canadian GS model so Im not sure what an i model is. Basically I have the rectangular housing that seems like it would fit either of these fogs, because the GT model comes with the square fogs stock so won't those also fit my car??

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The I is US trim. 2.0 sedan pretty much the same as your GS.

The rectangle fogs you posted from the GT will not fit. While the openings may look the same, the bumpers are different and one cannot house the others fogs.

Your only off the shelf solution is the oval lights with the black housing. Those with a HID retrofit will yield you the most bright fogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.