Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubbery material in the dash, console and door panels seem hard to wipe clean with cloth, little white cloth bits tend to stick to them.

Anyone has good suggestions?

TIA :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I need an answer too. I tried to use some rubber and vinyl protectant. Wow! It left streaks in those textured panels, making them look very ugly. I have to get a big sponge and soak it with water to remove the streaks. I am thinking the best way might still be just to use a lint free cloth + hot water. This is probably sufficient I guess.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I will go to Canadian Tire to find something tomorrow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks as well. I will check out those stuff you guys at CanTire as well. BTW, did any of you put any scotchgard on your seat and carpet? There are two types that I saw. One is the general one for the carpet, etc., and the other one will work with clothes requiring dry cleaning and auto interior. Don't know which one to buy. The first type comes in a bigger can, and the second one comes in a smaller size, but both sell for the same price. Any idea which one to buy?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have some anti-stain coating done for the interior of my car (i'm not sure what exactly it's called), whenever anything gets dirty (e.g. spilled coffee), I can just wipe them off with cloth

·
Banned
868 Posts
FR3D said:
I have some anti-stain coating done for the interior of my car (i'm not sure what exactly it's called), whenever anything gets dirty (e.g. spilled coffee), I can just wipe them off with cloth
Probably the 3M stuff?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Levitron said:
FR3D said:
Probably the 3M stuff?
I know it's stupid, but I have no idea what that is :p

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Anyone seen the upholstery cleaner that has that red spiky brush that comes with it? I'm interested to know if this stuff is effective at all.

I normally use Armor All for my dashboard, btw.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've seen the cleaner with the red brush and have used it. It cleans well but if you brush with it to much you break the fibers of the material and t starts to get all "pilly" (like a sweater after you wash it). You could use it to apply the cleaner and then wipe with a damp cloth instead of the brush.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The funny material they use in the panels and the console is really NOT dust friendly.. you can see every single dust on it.. bugs me coz i like keeping my car clean all the time, especially a new car.. :(

·
Banned
868 Posts
2k1_bug said:
The funny material they use in the panels and the console is really NOT dust friendly.. you can see every single dust on it.. bugs me coz i like keeping my car clean all the time, especially a new car.. :(
But in my old car, I could easily spot new dust specs too....so it's not just the Mz3 that's like that.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yummum said:
I've seen the cleaner with the red brush and have used it. It cleans well but if you brush with it to much you break the fibers of the material and t starts to get all "pilly" (like a sweater after you wash it). You could use it to apply the cleaner and then wipe with a damp cloth instead of the brush.
oh okay, that'd probably a good idea.
it's the only upholstery cleaner that I've seen... sooo... yeah... dunno if there are any others that do the job?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Absinthe said:
I heard Armor All is not good in the long run.
Not sure whether this is true or not.
This is partially true. Any silicone product that is clear is BAD for use on your car. I think Armor All calls this kind Detailers Choice or something. This type of silicone will eventually deteriorate the material. The milky looking stuff is what you want. Normal Armor All is made of this stuff, but there are still better products out there, namely Vinylex and 303 Protectant.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts