Mazda3 Forums banner

Which is faster from 0-60 mph between Regular AT vs. Sportmatic AT?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy using the Sportmatic AT, but I am wondering...

Which is faster from 0 to 60 mph?

I am not comparing the Mazda3 5-speed manual vs the Sportmatic 4-speed; we all know the manual will win. But which is faster between the 4-sp AT vs the 4-sp Sportmatic? (All things being equal and on a flat road)

·
Registered
251 Posts
dinu01 said:
I'd say the Sport since you can keep it in 2nd and rev it to its maximum torque.
Well its maximum torque isnt at 6,500 rpms, its at 4,500 rpm. But its maximum horsepower is. I would say that the sportmatic would be faster seeing as Mazda tuned the sportmatic to faster and focued less on how smooth it was.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
MPower said:
dinu01 said:
I'd say the Sport since you can keep it in 2nd and rev it to its maximum torque.
Well its maximum torque isnt at 6,500 rpms, its at 4,500 rpm. But its maximum horsepower is. I would say that the sportmatic would be faster seeing as Mazda tuned the sportmatic to faster and focued less on how smooth it was.
That was what I was thinking... just not what I typed :oops:

Anyways, with the Sport AT you ca hold it in a gear until YOU not the car decides to shift - so look at both torque+hp curves and see where it's best to shift for the longest continuous power (with no interruption from the tranny shifting).

·
Registered
251 Posts
dinu01 said:
MPower said:
dinu01 said:
That was what I was thinking... just not what I typed :oops:

Anyways, with the Sport AT you ca hold it in a gear until YOU not the car decides to shift - so look at both torque+hp curves and see where it's best to shift for the longest continuous power (with no interruption from the tranny shifting).
Ya. I reckon the sportmatic is faster.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The extra torque multiplication in the lower gear means the fastest approach is to shift just before fuel cut..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts