- stage 2 - MSCAI- TMIC-93

The problem is that 93 octane is not available in my region. So should I run
stage 2 - MSCAI- FMIC-91 ? or just stage 2 - MSCAI-91

Thanks for your answer.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
youd want a tune with a tmic

and I dont think your stage 2 yet...usually test pipe doesnt yeild enough performance.

so you can go with a stage 1 + sf + TMIC 91 octane if u can find it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=AFcadet link=topic=139544.msg3009325#msg3009325 date=1237694936]
youd want a tune with a tmic

and I dont think your stage 2 yet...usually test pipe doesnt yeild enough performance.

so you can go with a stage 1 + sf + TMIC 91 octane if u can find it
[/quote]

Before I got my TMIC Christian from Cobb told me to run the stage 2 map because of my test pipe. Now my problem is the intercooler with the good octane ...

Excuse this stupid question but I never know what does 'sf' means ? (SRI cobb?)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
yea SF is short force.

techinically the intake is a short force intake...not a short ram...because there really isnt any "ram" air going into the intake.

id try Stage2+MSCAI2 91 FMIC

and see where the Long term fuel trims (LTFTs) are. Drive around for like 25 miles easy and as long as they are under like 9% your good.

·
Registered
723 Posts
wow, thats the most pulled-out-of-your-ass explanation i've seen yet on this board, and thats saying something.

the cobb folks said a while back that they called the first SF intake that because the first one didn't show any higher flow via the maf or something. i think it was josh that hinted at it but never really said it exactly.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Stock Form......is that right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
[quote author=NeoSpeed3 link=topic=139544.msg3008416#msg3008416 date=1237645856]
Hi,

I have a canadian 2008 MS3 with the following mods:

- CPE CAI
- Test Pipe
- ETS TMIC 3.25

I know that the good map (v1.03) seems to be:
- stage 2 - MSCAI- TMIC-93

The problem is that 93 octane is not available in my region. So should I run
stage 2 - MSCAI- FMIC-91 ? or just stage 2 - MSCAI-91

Thanks for your answer.
[/quote]

Yea the stage 2 is definately want you want to try first. I hear that he recomends stage 2 for test pipes because combining stage 1 with the less restrictive exhaust from a test pipe could cause overboosting. I guess the stage 2 is tuned for the boost to come on slower and could be considered a performance drop from stage 1 with just a test pipe. If this is the case you may be able to get away with the 93 oct map. I would definately talk it over with Christan or keep a close eye on your logs though.

I heard a rumer that at some point cobb is going to come out with stage 1.5 for just the test pipe. Dont know if its true.

I have a test pipe in my garage right now but also getting a TMIC soon. Did you notice better gains from the test pipe or the intercooler??

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
[quote author=Strizzo link=topic=139544.msg3014481#msg3014481 date=1237923525]
wow, thats the most pulled-out-of-your-ass explanation i've seen yet on this board, and thats saying something.

the cobb folks said a while back that they called the first SF intake that because the first one didn't show any higher flow via the maf or something.  i think it was josh that hinted at it but never really said it exactly.
[/quote]

SRI = Short Ram Intake...which takes "ram" air...or incoming air that is moving at a higher velocity then stagnent air that is simply being "sucked" (turbo XS's intcooler w/ ram air intake is a perfect example...the air is being pushed into the intake from the top mount intake).

I always thought SF was short force intake.

reguardless...sri means short ram intake.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I think SF means stock flow or something like that. They said they made up the name originally as an inside joke for the Subaru's since intakes gave ZERO gain, which they knew, but they made a intake regardless because people wanted them...hence stock flow I guess. or i could be "same fucking" intake or something too lol

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
[quote author=AFcadet link=topic=139544.msg3026293#msg3026293 date=1238417428]
(turbo XS's intcooler w/ ram air intake is a perfect example...the air is being pushed into the intake from the top mount intake).
[/quote]

Turbo XS's does not include intake. Your thinking of the Corksport FMIC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts