Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: I no longer have to consider this civic, i'm getting another 3 mutha fukka!!!!!

So the new car hunt continues. And now it's down between 2 cars. Here is the breakdown -

2005 certified pre-owned honda civic si hatchback

- 197 hp!
- certified for 100k miles
- sweet little shift knob
- howt rims
- sunroof
- nice front seats, but otherwise boring on the inside
- looks lighter than the 3, not sure if it is
- it's a hatchback
- not as pretty as the 3 hatch, but i can't get a 3 hatch either way so i have to forget about that

2007 mazda 3 sedan 5 speed

- 148 hp
- new
- nicer on the inside, but i prolly won't be able to get the dark interior i like
- the snowflake rims are kinda weird, maybe they'll grow on me
- not a hatch :(
- not as pretty as the 3 hatch, but i can't get a 3 hatch either way so i have to forget about that

My parents don't look like they want me to get the civic cuz it's used, but i'm still waiting on their decision.
I'm really torn between these 2...help me out!

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
Re: which car should i pick??

Given the choice, i'd always take the new car. You never really know with used cars, but i guess this is better since its warrantied. How many miles does it have currently?

You can probably get new wheels if you want, or maybe even trade someone on the forums for the older wheel style.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=72954.msg1290132#msg1290132 date=1174858004]
You can probably get new wheels if you want, or maybe even trade someone on the forums for the older wheel style.
[/quote]

Now that's a damned good idea. My fav are the 2004 rims so that would prolly work. 8)

The guy said that the si on the lot has under 20k miles, i dont know specifically so i'm going to assume that it's got 19,998 on it or something lol

But here's something marvelous... since i posted this i talked to them on the phone a few more times.

I think i FINALLY manipulated my rents into getting me a new 3 hatch! I think they finally realized how badly i want another hatch, so wish me luck because they are so fickle about these things.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts

[quote author=cherry link=topic=72954.msg1290151#msg1290151 date=1174858778]
[quote author=Danger Mouse link=topic=72954.msg1290132#msg1290132 date=1174858004]
[/quote]

Now that's a damned good idea. My fav are the 2004 rims so that would prolly work. 8)

The guy said that the si on the lot has under 20k miles, i dont know specifically so i'm going to assume that it's got 19,998 on it or something lol

But here's something marvelous... since i posted this i talked to them on the phone a few more times.

I think i FINALLY manipulated my rents into getting me a new 3 hatch! I think they finally realized how badly i want another hatch, so wish me luck because they are so fickle about these things.
[/quote]

sweet good luck on getting the hatch. The stock 3 wheels are the same from 04-06, so I'm sure you can find a set for real cheap or just trade.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

That model civic has 160 horsepower roughly, and 132? Foot pounds of torque.
The 3's have what is it now.. 156 hp, and 150 torque. Much better IMO.
Now the current civic 2006-2007 Si's have 197hp, and the RSX Type S have 197HP+ but not the one you're looking at. Just in case you think it'd be that much faster.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts

If I could not get a new hatch I would have to go with the civic. I just cant break myself from thinking the 3 sedan is ho-hum. Sorry sedan owners, thats the way I feel. Oh yes, remove the roll call if you do get the civic and GOOD LUCK on the getting a new hatch!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=72954.msg1290200#msg1290200 date=1174860886]
Now the current civic 2006-2007 Si's have 197hp, and the RSX Type S have 197HP+ but not the one you're looking at. Just in case you think it'd be that much faster.
[/quote]

Omg he totally lied to me then. He pointed to that hatch si and said it has 197, what a douche. :x

Those ugly roll call decals aren't on the car, that's just a pic i found online of the same make and color that i was looking at today. The body is actually clear of decals and perfect.

For originally being a car over $20k the inside sure is boring tho!

[quote author=phan95 link=topic=72954.msg1290174#msg1290174 date=1174859984]
Cherry why do you favor the hatch over the sedan?
What happened to your old mazda3?
[/quote]

this is what happened to my yellow 3 >> http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=71089.0

I like the bigger engine in the hatch (i kno they make the 2.3 in sedan as well) but primarily it's the hatch part (going to art school requires you to move various large objects to and from the workshop). Plus it just looks hot, i've become very attached to the dramatic angles on the hatch. With my old car, i could be having the shittiest day, but when i would go out and see my car it would make me feel all fuzzy inside.
Fellow hatch owners, i think you know what i mean about the fuzzy thing. 8)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

I know what you mean, I love my hatch!
I'd just get another 3 hatch, you know what makes you happy.... :) piss n moan, scream and yell, whatever it takes, ;)

·
Registered
30,738 Posts

[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=72954.msg1290567#msg1290567 date=1174871788]
I know what you mean, I love my hatch!
I'd just get another 3 hatch, you know what makes you happy.... :) piss n moan, scream and yell, whatever it takes, ;)
[/quote]
+1

best of luck getting the parents to make the right decision....which would be a new Speed 3!! :p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

would go for the new one cause its new and won't have problems for some time to come
if u want a hatch then buy a used MZD 3 hatch

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

if the roll call is true to that civic, the dude prolly beat the shit out of it.

plus those headlights are hideous.

even if it is a sedan, it's a new car. new cars > used

·
Registered
9,518 Posts

[quote author=cherry link=topic=72954.msg1290303#msg1290303 date=1174863411]
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=72954.msg1290200#msg1290200 date=1174860886]
[/quote]

Omg he totally lied to me then. He pointed to that hatch si and said it has 197, what a douche. :x

Those ugly roll call decals aren't on the car, that's just a pic i found online of the same make and color that i was looking at today. The body is actually clear of decals and perfect.

For originally being a car over $20k the inside sure is boring tho!
[/quote]

the new 2006 civic Si has 197 horsepower. Maybe your sellsmen thought that all Si's came with the same engine. But they have always had 160 horsepower as far as I know, since 2000.
2006+ has 197.

I think youd be way happier in a 3 hatch lol.
I wouldnt waste money on a car you wouldnt be totally happy with!

Thats my thing. If your going to buy a car, buy the car you super super want.
Do Not Settle.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

if you can get the 3 hatch, take it and run!

otherwise... the si's prolly set up sportier than a base 3i, but... its not a three. i dunno which i'd take. prolly the 3i

if you look at the si again, call that guy on his horsepower claim though, thats bunk that he lied to you.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.