Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these as part of a car pc install. It came with a big huge OBDII plug, that doesn't really fit very well in the area where the port is normally (in the cubby by driver's left knee). Does anyone else have one of these and if so, where did you put the connection? Did you move the existing plug somewhere, or get a different connector of some sort?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I got a bluetooth one I just leave it plugged in there, it's maybe an inch tall, if that.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If you're not worried about voiding your warranty, I would cut the lines and splice-in vs. plugging in.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
maybe i'm a wuss, but that's something I wouldn't dare mess with. Especially if he has problems down the road and tries to hook his car up to a reader. Just altering that circuit with a bluetooth reader in parallel with another reader could ruin things

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i would jsut pull the plug behind the dash and plug it in and leave the cables back there. It only takes a few minutes to drop down if you really need to get to it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Or if he wants to get fancy he could make a cover so it's like an opening pocket that he can cover up and plug in when he needs to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts