Mazda3 Forums banner

Where to order sway bar bushings?

25K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  beavis87 
#1 ·
I've been searching for the past 30 min with little luck. I need to replace the front sway bar bushings. After searching, I found it to be a 26 mm bushing but I cant seem to find any vendors online that sell one for MS3. I'm running stock bars, but looking for an after market urethane replacement.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Strange size, and yea I have a speed shop close to my mechanic, had to have them order them in but they carried the manf line so it wasn't an issue.

Z

#12 ·
For what? The stock bar? They are weird, because the bar has flats in it where the bushings grab it, and the bushings have a rectangular hole for the pinches, so the bushings will actually hold the bar up even if you take the end links off. The bushing obviously flexes enough to allow the bar to work. I don't know why it's like that, but I assume it's got something to do with the way they automate their assembly process, or it's simply more durable like that since it doesn't have a sliding surface.

#13 ·
So I want to confirm, will these: Prothane 19-1182-BL 191182 Greaseable Sway Bar Bushings - 26MM (1.02 inch) - B. Prothane 191182
fit on my 2010 Mazda 3 i? I am diagnosing my front end clunking and I want to start with replacing the front stabilizer bar bushing.
2010 Mazda 3/i Parts - Online Mazda Parts
OEM part number is BP4K34156B but would love to replace with greaseable bushings. Hoping this fixes my clunking because my noises happen at speed over large bumps instead of the slow left turns onto grades that other people are experiencing on their MZ3's strut bearings not having enough grease or lacking a spring isolator. If I can fix this without taking apart the strut that would be great.

#14 ·
No they will not, they are for the Speed3 swaybar which is larger at 26mm, not for the I spec or S spec which are 21mm in the front and 20mm in the rear. You will want to look for those sizes. You might want to remove and regrease your existing bushings first. Also you might want to check that everything is tight on the endlinks, might need to replace those before worrying about replacing the bushings.

#16 ·
I realized they were the wrong ones too late. Now I have some mazdaspeed3 sway bar bushings. Gonna have to sell them. I ended up taking them off, cleaning them, greasing them up and tightening them. Got rid of one noise. Also ended up replacing the driverside strut bearing which was in pieces and barely there. Replaced tie rod end link too. Now I'm positive it has to be either the inner or outer tie rods. Gonna replace both since its easier to do them at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.