Mazda3 Forums banner

where my rx7s at?

24K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  meiogirl 
#1 ·
any rx7s representing here?

#7 ·
I guess most of of hang around rx7club.com and nopistons.com

I peruse these boards just to keep tabs on my friend's 3 to check for stock parts, etc.

And i got a Mazda3 shift knob for my 7 here =)

#9 ·
A good friend of mine got a Gen III RX7 last weekend to replace his '82 with 190k miles on it. He trailed me all the way home from Tampa after we picked it up... not because my 3 is faster, but because he had no working speedometer at the time. :)

That car is fast as -hell-

#19 ·
Here is a video of a race I was in from a 40 mph roll. The car is a 92 Nissan Pulsar Gti-R AWD. Has video of him running 12.41 @ 115mph. I have never run my car, so it was interesting to see what would happen. I couldn't hear shit from the passenger yelling the count. I was just watching his lips. So I got jumped bad. Plus he was brake boosting and AWD = no traction issues. Me on the other hand, 2nd gear 40 mph roll not much traction. But the video speaks for its self. Oh yeah and the rev limiter hit. I was not watching the tach, too busy watching him in the mirror to see if he was close or not.

http://www.youtube.com/v/HCJqxpK_uYU

#25 ·
Here's mine. 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL:

Mods:
-S4 N/A 13B engine rebuilt in 2000
-Silicone vacuum hoses
-K&N air filter element
-Racing Beat N/A dual CBE
-Corksport stainless steel brake lines
-Hawk HPS street pads
-Hawk HP+ autocross pads (front only)
-Koni Yellow struts
-Racing Beat front anti-sway bar
-5Zigen Fighter 17x7.5" rims w/ 225/45/17 Dunlop Direzza D101 Start Spec tires (street)
-Stock 15" rims with 205/55/15 Kumho Ecsta R-comps (auto-x)
-JDM Mazdaspeed 360mm steering wheel
-Razo shift knob
-Sony head unit
-S5 taillights

I used to race it in E-Stock, but I'm moving it to the new STR class this year little by little. If I can find a decent S5 GTU or GTUs for cheap, I want to buy it and move the hop-up parts to it since they are better auto-x cars than the luxo-barge S4 GXL. It's in storage for part of the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.