Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for it to see how easy it would be to change out and well...I can't find it!!! Help please.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
As long as they didn't move it for the Speed vehicles, it will be behind the front bumper below the driver's side headlight. Easiest to get to it from the bottom (remove the splash guard).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=69960.msg1217921#msg1217921 date=1171942654]
+1...if not...put on some ear plugs and have some one honk the horn while you're under the car.
[/quote]

lol, that is what I am hoping not to need to do. I know some of the Speed3 owners have changed the horn so hopefully someone can confirm what zobx already stated.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
:D

I've changed my horn too (but do not have the speed3) and I would bet that it's in the same spot. I don;t see any reason why it would be needed to move...mainly since all the turbo piping it on top or towards the rear of the speed engine. Better "placement map" would be behind and slighty higher then the driver side fog light

·
Registered
129 Posts
If it is in the same spot it would be a good mod to do while you install a CAI... Or you should install a CAI when you install a better horn ;-)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I can confirm its under the headlight on the drivers side. As mentioned, best way to see it is to remove the plastic down by the drivers fog light and look up, its right there.

btw, who was the brain child who decided to wire tie the damn fog light harnesses to the front bumper! you cant remove the fuggin bumper without performing wire surgery, sorry to go OT, but when i went to swap my lights out, I wanted to remove the bumper and couldnt because it was sooooo involved to disconnect the fog harnesses and the ambient temp sensor wiring :x

·
Registered
145 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=69960.msg1217981#msg1217981 date=1171944239]
btw, who was the brain child who decided to wire tie the damn fog light harnesses to the front bumper!
[/quote]

My bad. :exnbpup:

Horn + CAI install is a pretty good idea! I better grab some Fiamms before the CAI from the GB ships out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=ElyasWolff link=topic=69960.msg1217959#msg1217959 date=1171943431]
If it is in the same spot it would be a good mod to do while you install a CAI... Or you should install a CAI when you install a better horn ;-)
[/quote]

I will be doing just that when my CAI comes in! (the horns are a NILM (Not Installed Leftover Mod) from my SVT Focus)

Best quote from my wife this week "Since you are going to be mucking around with the engine (CAI install) shouldn't you put on the motor mount at the same time?"

Now... where did that AWR group buy thread go again? 8) :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts