Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for some 18" RX-8 Rims for my True Red Mazda3 Sedan, and i was wondering where the best place to get them is?

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merc...e_Code=HC&Product_Code=1386&Category_Code=446

Found this link on the forums but don't want to jump at anything, So I wanted to ask here, since alot of you have RX-8 Rims, where did you get yours and where is the best place to get some 18" RX-8 Rims.

They don't have be to Brand New, but I'm not looking for Rims driven for a year, just, Quality Looking rims in Mint condition... please just inform me with whatever, don't know what I should exactly ask, so just fire your info away!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=Midnight_Speeder link=topic=70290.msg1229149#msg1229149 date=1172326883]
I agree with trbababbab - join the Rx8Club, and check eBay.
[/quote]

:rofl:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, i joined RX8 club just to look for RX8 OEM shift knob. I got a brand new knob for $40 shipped. They have many rims over there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have seen that several people have RX-8 rims here on the forum... I've never had 18's on any of my cars... and I was curious... to the people with RX-8 rims... do you experience any decline/increase in handling? how about acceleration? ride quality? And one more question...(no one may be able to answer) but are RX-8 Rims stolen frequently? The only reason I have kept my stock 17's is because they aren't exactly a hot commodity/not likely to be stolen. I mean they look decent, but I want 18's, but not ones that are going to be stolen. And is it a problem lowering the car with the 18's with the available lowering springs out there?

·
Registered
391 Posts
try one of our sponsors, especially onlinemazdaparts.com, they will treat you fair, highly recommended

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=kitchen_fire27 link=topic=70290.msg1246591#msg1246591 date=1172955092]
i have seen that several people have RX-8 rims here on the forum... I've never had 18's on any of my cars... and I was curious... to the people with RX-8 rims... do you experience any decline/increase in handling? how about acceleration? ride quality? And one more question...(no one may be able to answer) but are RX-8 Rims stolen frequently? The only reason I have kept my stock 17's is because they aren't exactly a hot commodity/not likely to be stolen. I mean they look decent, but I want 18's, but not ones that are going to be stolen. And is it a problem lowering the car with the 18's with the available lowering springs out there?

[/quote]

i dont have rx-8 rims but i used to have 18's and they were rough, and i live in houston, and the roads suck, so i always felt as though not paying attention on 1 pothole would knock out 2 of my wheels. handling should technically be better because they are much wider than stock. and as far as them getting stolen...my theory is that the guy with 20" chromies down the street will get his jacked long before you do.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well thats why you have locking wheel nuts. As for ride, well it is sort of the same with stock 16" which I had, tire being smaller and all, you "fall" into holes more..so the feeling is different, with wider tires, you sort of go over the smaller ones... but the bigger ones you sort of go through it 1/2 in and 1/2 out so it may feel bumpier... so its all a matter of how the road is and etc, some feel better than before, some feel worse its a trade off...

Heavy snow it becomes a bit tricky... because the snow and slush gathers at the back of the wheel and that gets packed in real good and it doesnt help with steering and handling, but that has happened with my 16's as well... so.......

I think it feels more planted at highway speeds but that could just be me, you need to get them balanced really well, the assholes who did mind didnt do it properly i had to go back. If its all balanced nicely and your alignment is all great then you are good to go. These things may affect how you "think" the tires are performing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts