Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if someone can tell me of good mechanics to take my mazda 3 in Edmonton. I've only had this car a few months and have some electrical problems. I was thinking about just taking it to Sundance, but also would like to know if there are some good independent shops... preferably in the westend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where to begin.... battery dies after the car hasn't been used in awhile, trouble starting in cold weather. After I charged the battery and drove it, eventually the power started cutting in and out...not good b/c this causes the pwr steering to lock up.

what temperature should you be able to start these Mazda's without plugging in?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
When I lived in Winnipeg, I was able to start my car at -25'C....ran like crap for the first few minutes til it warmed up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I didnt have a block heater in my speed last year, but it was still able to start fine in below 30 temperatures. Never had a problem once. Made sure to use syn oil though.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
i've started mine unplugged in -25

if its been sitting in -25 it takes a few chugs, but it gets there. i think ive even -30'd it.

I've only taken my car to Weber and Jarman.

mixed results from both. Weber smashed my front lip once and made a mess on my floor mats once.

Jarman, i boycotted for a while because they were idiots, but lately they've been really good.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Weber stinks, they broke Blams car and messed up three of my oil changes, boycott that dealer.

Jarman replaced my turbo when they didn't have to. Autoworld is also good from what i hear.

·
Registered
352 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=137149.msg2959272#msg2959272 date=1235526236]
Weber stinks, they broke Blams car and messed up three of my oil changes, boycott that dealer.

Jarman replaced my turbo when they didn't have to. Autoworld is also good from what i hear.
[/quote]

How'd they mess up your oil changes. I've been taking my speed to Weber for the last couple of years.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
they put 4 litres in the normal ones too.

they don't drain them enough. it shoul dbe 4.3

·
Registered
352 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=137149.msg2960165#msg2960165 date=1235568519]
the wrong weight and they only put 4 litres in every time.
[/quote]

Ahhh. I've avoided that by bringing my own oil every time.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
yeah they are more likely to do it right when you bring your own since thei have to worry about you checking out how much oil you got left.

i had some problems with Park, but all in all they eventually did fix the problem I had

·
Registered
352 Posts
The wierd thing is that I never go to Park even though they are only 1 KM from my house.

·
Registered
675 Posts
weber is the shitty ..... since they hired that new service girl who knows nothing about our cars and still tries to sound like she knows more than us.

Lee was great but i dont think she works there anymore.

·
Registered
675 Posts
hello b-lamb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It sounds like Jarman is the best for servicing. Even though I live closer to Sundance, I think I'll probably still go to Jarman, as apparently the Abbey Road guys work there now. The guys at Westside who work on my VW recommended a place called Toytech on the southside. Anyone familiar with that place?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts