Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Where do I get airbags?

I am also open to coilovers. It would just be soo much cooler to do it with a switch. Tax return is coming, so I will have the money... I haven't searched for coilovers, but does anyone know of a good set for not too much money (<$1200)? Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

[quote author=krstofer link=topic=68667.msg1187151#msg1187151 date=1170650355]
try here
[/quote]

You s.o.b. :D

·
Registered
14,388 Posts

LOL ;-) I didn't know what the hell you were talking about with airbags in the title until I read the post. I thought you were looking for actual airbags for impact.

·
Registered
138 Posts

[quote author=st lewis link=topic=68667.msg1187159#msg1187159 date=1170650458]
I am also open to coilovers. It would just be soo much cooler to do it with a switch. Tax return is coming, so I will have the money... I haven't searched for coilovers, but does anyone know of a good set for not too much money (<$1200)? Thanks again.
[/quote]

There is a sticky that has a list of all available coilovers for the 3. I don't know which one is best but you can probably get a ton of opinions that are most likely already posted.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
1 kid in my car club has airbags on his eclipse. I heard airbags make the ride real stiff and rough.
But id like it too... man would be real clean~~

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
i have a frieend at a shop that wanted to bag my car..we've bagged alot of cars...if ur complaining about 1200$ for the price of coilovers dont bother looking into bags for your car...ur looking at 2500-4500 depending on the quality...the air system alone would be over a 1000$...you'll want about a 5-10 gallon tank...a very large compressor...all the lines...npt fittings...solonoids...then you need the bag and seat and top guide, the setup we designed was near 4000$...1200 is just the amount for the tank and solonoids and compressor...then all the fab work to get it to fit somewhere (maybe 4 2.5 gallon tanks around the bottom of the car in some of the empty spaces...i dont know i just chuckled when i saw how little you wanted to spend on such an expensive project

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well hold that chuckle. $1200 was the price I was looking to spend on coilovers. I knew that a bag setup would run me over $3000, which is no big deal, I have a nice tax return coming :D. I have a shop and the capabilities to do the work myself, just never done it before, so I was hoping to find a ready-made kit. The only reason that doing it myself is a last option is because it being my first time, I am sure it would take me like a week+, and this is my only transportation in the winter. But thank you for your input.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
depends on the air system u use, the compressor, diameter of the valves, psi you run, size of the tank...heres an explorer i did...this is VERY FAST because he has all 1" valves, 2x 10 gallon tanks, a HUGE compressor that runs off the engine, and for shows a 4000psi nitrogen tank...this video is shot with air though not nitrogen

http://media.putfile.com/bounce-31

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I saw a guy showing off like that once in a car show... it was a big dodge ram. He was bouncing it all around, and then BAM!! Popped one. He was screwed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why would you do this to a Mazda 3.

Unless it is a show car, then I don't understand.

This is more of a racecar. [glow=green,2,300]:autoxer:[/glow]

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
[quote author=nike link=topic=68667.msg1195145#msg1195145 date=1170962929]
Why would you do this to a Mazda 3.

Unless it is a show car, then I don't understand.

This is more of a racecar. [glow=green,2,300]:autoxer:[/glow]
[/quote]

racecar spelled backwards is:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts