Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some nice High Beam replacements for my Mazda3. I have the HIDs so I hope I won't need low beams for awhile, but I want some whiter high beams. I have nothing againat Hoen and their lights look great, but all they have the 9005's in is Xenonmatch Plus and I don't want to put over powered bulbs in my car. Why is this the only bulb for the high beams offered by Hoen?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just go with the Sylvania Silverstars

·
Registered
327 Posts
You could also try PIAA superwhites, but I would go with the Sylvania Superstars for high beam.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I use Philips Premiums size 9005. They light up EVERYTHING. Osram Silver Stars (didn't come in size 9005). And Philips Vision Plus didn't come in that size either.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
VraiDiouf said:
You could also try PIAA superwhites, but I would go with the Sylvania Superstars for high beam.
Piaa superwhites are expensive and are crap. If you want the look of HID and still keep a good performance buy that:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/products/product.php?prodid=pbv&type=9005 I have them and they work great.

If you want to improve the stock performance but wothout the HID look then use these:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/products/product.php?prodid=pp&type=9005

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sylvania Silverstars come in 9005, not the Osram types but the Sylvania types do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
mnemonicj said:
I have been looking for some nice High Beam replacements for my Mazda3. I have the HIDs so I hope I won't need low beams for awhile, but I want some whiter high beams. I have nothing againat Hoen and their lights look great, but all they have the 9005's in is Xenonmatch Plus and I don't want to put over powered bulbs in my car. Why is this the only bulb for the high beams offered by Hoen?
Not many cars use the 9005 nowadays. The H7 and H9 are common high beam applications.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not to get off topic, but how do you get to the high beams? The freaking inside is so cramp that I thought any bulb replacements for the front end will have to be performed by the dealer.

I really want to switch out my high-beams...not necessarily upgrade the bulbs, but to adjust them. The right side highbeam is uneven with the left side. The right side hits a lot higher than the left side. I want to lower it, but I'm not sure how to get to that compartment or if it can be done. What could be causing the right side to shoot up so high? Is the bulb not fitted in correctly or did I get screwed on a faulty head unit?

Spencer

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't know, I don't use high beams! ;)

I want to know why the high beam switch is pushed forward to turn it on (like most cars). On my CRX, if I could flash by pulling back, or I could turn on but pulling all the way back and hitting a rocker switch. It's just to damn easy to "accidently" push it forward and blind the sh!t out of oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
No, the deer in my neighborhood like to trot on the sidewalk...

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
overkast said:
I want to lower it, but I'm not sure how to get to that compartment or if it can be done. What could be causing the right side to shoot up so high? Is the bulb not fitted in correctly or did I get screwed on a faulty head unit?

Spencer
Probably the bulb not being fitted in correctly. As for changing it check your owners manual. On the driver's side you need to remove a plastic piece that is in the way. Yes it's tight but doable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts