Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you watch this series on Discovery or Discovery HD? I just finished watching it on my Tivo, and I am floored. The entire series held me at the edge of my seat, and the footage was unbelievable.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Aaawww wow that sounds cool, I wanted to see that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It was a really good series. I didn't get to see it in HD but it was still good. I thought the first few about the mercury, gemini and apollo missions were the most interesting.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yea, really amazing miniseries. I love how complete all the footage is. They literally have footage of every launch and experiment, it's pretty intimidating how much progress they made in just 10 years at the start of the space program.

Aren't there 6 episodes? Or were there only 3-4?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I saw the series in HD.. and although the story is great and progress was amazing at an interesting time - the information was not new at all, in fact older series on the same topics by the same discovery channel were filled with more interesting information. I dont know if thats related to things being more "PC".. or the producers skimped out.. Alot of the new discovery stuff lately has really been low on content, footage and very ADD like cuts (hard to watch)..
Whatever happened to mentioning Wernher von Braun, without whom none of the US rockets would get off the ground..

The footage was disappointing- although remastered in HD, there is alot more footage that NASA has available - the stuff that discovery used for these things they have been using for years in various programs - so it was annoying to see the same stuff again just in HD.. its like they are too lazy/cheap to get licensed for new stuff and show something different for a change.

(Ive worked for a production company making various documentaries, including many on this subject.. and I really did go through some amazing amounts of footage to work with - so not sure why discovery couldn't put a little more effort in)

maybe its just me considering ive seen a good amount of these programs over many years..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts