Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Speed3 is it worth voiding my warranty to mod it or should I wait till I got some miles on it. IF I wait how long to start modding. Also what mods wont void warranty?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The best time to mod a car is when you have a car. You have stated you own a car so it's a great time to make some decisions.

Read up on other members lenghty mod posts and decide for yourself.
The least amount of Warranty grief typically comes from basic bolt ons, Intake and Exhaust. If you think you'll never need your warranty then voiding it is irrelevant.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Intake / BPV are easy on - easy off bolt ons that you can remove if you need to take the car in for service. A downpipe is one of the best mods, but isn't as easy to take off before going to the dealership. Anything that changes the factory boost on this car, and your warranty will be fukced.
Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
210 Posts
once you get used to the stock power, get an intake. It will renew that speed factor and when you get used to that then get your next mod and so on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Easiest things to do are 2nd cat delete just get it cut off you do not need it for anything. Stupid California regs only. Upgrade to a motor mount, the stock ones tear, something not too rigid like AWR. Open up the air intake, here big $ does not mean big gains, just let it breathe dude.

BPV is as valid as painting on race stripes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts