Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer's parts department and inquired about the possibility of installing a furute turbo release into a current mazda 3 if they came out with a new MazdaSpeed3.

The parts manager told me that it would not be possible. In the past, such as the mazdaspeed protege, if you wanted to order a "replacement" turbo for a mazSpeed Pro, you had to have a Vin#, proof of ownership, have it dealer installed, and the dealer would have to keep the old turbo for a verification process where they have to mal it back to mazda.

This sucks guys.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well then just buy a turbo from an aftermarket source and not through mazda?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if a dealer installs a part for you, such as a bolt on exhaust it is covered under your warranty. with the first aftermarket turbo you can kiss your warranty goodbye...

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can buy many of the turbo parts for the Mazdaspeed Protege through Mazdacompetiton. To be elegible to buy from them you have to provide at least two race results per year. So attend a couple of autocrosses and you are eligible. That the MS Protege turbo, turbo manifold etc are available from Mazda Comp is no guarratee they will have MS MZ3 stuff.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, by the time the MazdaSpeed 3 comes out, their policy might change. Hopefully.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Just buy a aftermarket company brand like Greddy, HKS. Hell Jackson Racing might come out with a supercharger kit. Wouldn't hold my breath on them tho.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm sure a Mazdaspeed version of the 3 would be tuned differently. Lower compression, possibly a diff. fuel system, etc. You can't just bolt turbos onto cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts