Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer on Saturday and he was telling em that some people may have to wait till March or even April to receive their Mazda3s. Is that true? For those of you who have ordered the car, when is the "hand over" date?

I have been without a car for a week now and I don't want to have to wait that long.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I waited 10 weeks for my MZ6 and that came from Japan....so March/April is probably the truth.

Keep in mind that dealers pre order popular spec cars so if yours is not one of them you have to wait for it to come from the factory

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im waiting 3 weeks for my car to come in, but i was told that if i wanted another colour, that the wait was either going to be longer or i had to pay more for interstate freight charges. No lead time was given. But i do know they are having a shipment arrive in mid feb, and currently they don't have that many in stock at all. Seems like a very popular car considering it was only released 2 weeks ago. My dealer told me he sold 20 that week, don't know if he was exagerating tho...

Hope that helps
chy

·
Registered
35 Posts
that sounds about right, dealers have to order three months ahead and shipments come in third week of every month.

so i guess it depends on what you've ordered. plus i hear that dealers are reluctant to swap stock cause no one wants to let go of an option/colour that they know there's a buyer for. hmmm...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told that my Maxx would be turning up in mid-March, and would be a Feb 04 build. Some colours were still available, just not the one I wanted.

(I don't have a handover date unfortunately - they said that with shipping, customs and so on it was impossible to tell accurately. Oh well, I haven't paid yet so I can't complain too much...)

·
Registered
650 Posts
My dealer told me that a ship was leaving Japan on 3rd February bound for Australia with a 2 week trip and 1 week customs, so that meets askew's timeframe of 3rd week of the month.

IMO it's probably better to wait a month or 2 and get an 04 build straight off the ship rather than get one of the first 03 models already sitting in dealerships.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i had thought that they would all have been 04 models for the mazda3s?

in any case its already been 2 weeks *groan* i can't handle it... i want the car *now* =) but i ordered on the 25th jan, it was supposed to get in off the ship on the 30th (but with customs delay and options the hand over date has been pushed from feb 6 to feb 10)

which balloons the total time to 2-3 wks of agony...

·
Registered
35 Posts
olorin said:
i had thought that they would all have been 04 models for the mazda3s?

which balloons the total time to 2-3 wks of agony...
nope, and it appears the 2004 build will have audio controls on the steering wheel for the maxx and maxx sport models. so ive heard....

·
Registered
372 Posts
They are all considered '04 models; difference is the build date. The first batch is built in Dec'03, and all batches after that will be '04 built. Build plate on body on driver's side door. And yes, several of us have heard that '04 build Maxx will get the audio controls on the steering wheel, so I think that must be true.

M

·
0 Posts
mines coming in early march!!!
YAY!!! :D
black mica sp23 sedan.
Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
congrats MB, the sp23 is a pleasure to drive!

checked out the build date on mine which i got yesterday and its Jan 04... hence quite pleased... had initially thought it may have been Dec 03 due to its early arrival.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Looks like most people are getting the SP23. I am starting to feel like the little brother in the 2.0 Maxx Sport :( Damn I should have spent the extra $$ to get the SP23.

Just means I'll have to run on premium unleaded, get cold air induction and some other mods just to keep up.

M

·
0 Posts
don't fret steve-o..

The 2.0 is still awesome looking, all you need to do is change the grill!!! :D

Only difference will be the 10kw difference..

Where are you gonna get ur CAI????

custom made??? :D

know any good places in syd to get that done??

M

·
0 Posts
Thanx Olorin...

Can't wait to get it... I should have it towards the end of the month...

My ideal sp23 shape would be the front of the hatch and the rear of the sedan. :D :D

Damn..

·
Registered
650 Posts
The CAI will probably be a custom job unless there is one for the MZ6 that might also fit the MZ3. I might also be able to import one from the US or Japan.

·
Registered
519 Posts
mmm.... do i smell the start of a group buy here? ;)

has anyone found out just how much more power would be delivered by the CAI? i've read various figures quoting as little as 8 to as much as 30 kW. just wondering if anyone has more definite figures (not that i'll really take advantage of such power in the wimp out auto i have :lol: ).

and reading some of the american posts i'm quite impressed with the short stubby antenna. pity that the antenna we have is removable and hence recommended to be removed after parking outside. anybody know where we can get aftermarket stuff yet? :?:

·
Registered
126 Posts
olorin - i have a mate that works in japan as a teacher (he has a Axela sport). soon as anything is released i will be getting... i will let you know.

CAI has to be done correctly. 30kw gain dunno.

·
Registered
519 Posts
many thanks shaund! looking forward to some mods...

on my wish list atm would be the minor cosmetic ones first...

1. metal plate for dead pedal (i-can't-believe-its-just-carpet?!)
2. short stubby antenna
3. plastic all weather protector for bootspace

hrm... tinting next week... 8)

MB, i agree - that too would be my preferred body shape... although with the hood of the hatch and the boot of the sedan, the mazda3 would start looking suspiciously like a mini mazda6 ;)

M

·
0 Posts
i have a mate that works in japan as a teacher (he has a Axela sport). soon as anything is released i will be getting... i will let you know.

CAI has to be done correctly. 30kw gain dunno.
let me know about this too shaund... as i am very interested, and would rather a JAP made CAI than anything else....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts