Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me or do they completely suck?? Ive had my 3 for about 5 to 6 months so far and Ive just popped my 10k cherry. my front tires have almost very little tread and my rears have a lot of tread. im going to rotate them soon but is it just bad luck i got shitty tread? i don't burn out or peal out nor do i race for that matter. are they covered in the warranty????

i gotta split to work il check this in a couple hours.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You'll want to rotate more often, try every 5000 miles or every oil change.

Your front tires have to work much harder than the rears. They are responsible for all the acceleration, steering and 90% of the braking.
Even without spirited driving, they will wear out much faster.

You may want to check your alignment too. Make sure the front toe is set to 0. Bad toe will wear tires out very quickly.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id have to check. its rainy where im at now. next chance im outside il look.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i check the alignment myself? or do i have to go to a mazda shop/ local gas station to give it a look??? and i believe they are the goodyears =/

·
Registered
57 Posts
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=137028.msg2953568#msg2953568 date=1235317130]
Do you have stock goodyear tires, if so, that could be the problem as well, they just do not last long.
[/quote]
Performance tires in general don't last long... you think you have problems try the stock MS3 tires... 18k miles if you are nice and rotate them every oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts