Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently got my tires replaced and during the process the shop damaged the wheels, I noticed the damage right away and have it noted down they will replace the wheels or refinish, the shop is unable to get new wheels as they are discontinued and they are unable to refinish due to the color (enkei special color)

Between the manager and regional manager they have come up with the idea to replace the wheels at a lower cost of wheels, due to damage being on two wheels before they added to the damage. I'm stuck on what to do my choices have become

all new wheels (maxxis ahead) but they keep my current wheels OR a credit and I keep my damaged wheels (not sure what the credit amount is)

I like my current wheels Enkei ZR2's and the maxxis ahead have the same look but different color, but they are only $75 I paid 130-150 for my enkei's on sale and purchased august this year, the damage I could probably just forget happened but its not what I really want to do...

any thoughts from people on here with how to move forwards..

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
they're liable. completely. depending on what you paid, I'd ask for a refund on services rendered and you'll drop it.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I dont see the cost of the wheels being an Issue unless you want to tell everyone how expensive they are.

- The service should be free
- They should replace them with whatever you want up to the value of the wheels
- ask them to use plastic caps when changing your tires and take them off from the backside from now on, and watch them as they work, if they will not allow it, go somewhere else.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cost isn't a big deal, its not about bragging.

I just called to ask about the credit amount, and I'm going tomorrow to figure it out better.

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
yeah troy, shops don't just let anybody on their floor. they can get in serious insurance trouble if something ever happened. suggesting you watch them while they work is NOT going to happen. as far as the price of the wheels, they're not all that expensive... but I still wouldn't accept $75 off brand wheels as a substitute.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=183310.msg3878485#msg3878485 date=1291827851]
yeah troy, shops don't just let anybody on their floor. they can get in serious insurance trouble if something ever happened. suggesting you watch them while they work is NOT going to happen. as far as the price of the wheels, they're not all that expensive... but I still wouldn't accept $75 off brand wheels as a substitute.
[/quote]

Well at the Discount Tire I go to I am allowed on the shop floor every time and I chat with the guys as they work and most of the time, they let me help out as well, Manager is very cool and knows how I am about my car, they are always really careful, plus I send them business all the time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after checking out the rims in store, I opted to just get the credit and leave the rest alone... the wheels they offered where not at some special price or anything and I can go buy them at any time if I really wanted to. I prefer what I have and will get them powder coated in the future.

Thank you to all on your thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts