Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got some new tires yesterday and after i get done with the money bit of the deal. the assistant manager tells me i've got a wobble in my right reart rim and i might notice some vibration as i rotate them to the front. He said i probably wouldn't even notice it and that it was very mild. does anyone know anything about "wheel wobble" considering i haven't hit anything and i can't feel the vibration at all? Should i consider taking the rims into a place that will true them up or not worrie about it until they actually get bent. oh and they are 5zigen fn01rc rims pretty sure they are strong.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If it actually is the wheel that is out of whack... they can get bent without you actually "hitting" something. Or at least something (pothole, speedbump, train tracks, etc.) that you didn't think anything of it.

I would call the tire guy back and ask if the wheel was actually bent. Is the tire place a decent business? I ask, because some places seem to have no clue on how to balance a wheel and tire. Does the tire have unusual wear?

In the whole grand scheme of things... if I couldn't notice it, I wouldn't care as long as they were just daily driver wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts