Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i broke off a wheel stud today (05' hatch) while rotating my tires, called the dealership and they said they don't offer "replacement studs" you have to change the whole hub, anyone give me some help with this? all the parts counters are closed right now so i won't be able to get more info until tomorrow, need a new lug nut too, thanx in advance

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You should be able to source a stud somewhere else that will work. You may have to dissassemble the hub to install it though... Just get one that is 12x1.5 for the thread and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
does anyone know for sure whether or not you have to disassemble the whole stud?

o, and your dealership is effing you. ron tonkin mazda on here quoted me like $6.75 per stud that i needed. they just want more money out of you. my dealership quoted me about $8/per. hope this helps!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
appreciate the help, i'm gonna try and call a different dealership, i called all the parts stores (napa etc.) they don't carry the part (they said) luckily i have a different dealership close by..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts