Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just bought brand new tires and brand new rims because I noticed a noise coming from the left side of the car while driving. I brought to mechanic they said I had bent rim, so I bought new rims, and the noise is not as strong but you can still hear it when driving around 80km/h and slightly turning the steering wheel to the left. Is this my axle or wheel bearing? Or what should I do because the mechanic was supposed to check out the whole front end for me and he said it was rim but I still hear it.

· Registered
31,524 Posts
could be the wheel bearing...we are seeing more threads from 04-06 owners so maybe this is going to be a common theme...how many miles?

· Registered
31,524 Posts
yeah, i would have them check the bearings for play.

· Registered
31,524 Posts
don't know...i'd guess a few hundred bucks. :dunno:

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=143286.msg3089122#msg3089122 date=1240897455]
Is is a growling/whine that changes pitch dependent on speed?

The axles will click around corners when the outer joints start going bad but wont make noise going straight
[/quote]

yah it gets louder and quieter depending on speed, even when going straight the car shakes a little on my side... and noise still there going straight
so is it bearing or axle? or just mechanic to check it out n fix it

· Registered
990 Posts
its probably the wheel bearing. mine did the same thing when i hit a curb. had a whirring noise and it annoyed the heck out of me. had mine replaced. the noise also came from the tires cause uneven tire wear.

· Premium Member
6,374 Posts
[quote author=anthonyd link=topic=143286.msg3087654#msg3087654 date=1240858361]
HOw much is it to get wheel bearing replaced?
[/quote]I had the same problem. I took mine to the dealer today to get it done because i dont have any places i trust around here, cus im new to the area. They called me back and quoted me 550$. I yelled at them a bunch, and they called me back, and did it for 400. I'm happy, solved my rubbing brakes problem, and my huge road noise that I havn't been able to figure out.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=droyal link=topic=143286.msg3090963#msg3090963 date=1240964731]
its probably the wheel bearing. mine did the same thing when i hit a curb. had a whirring noise and it annoyed the heck out of me. had mine replaced. the noise also came from the tires cause uneven tire wear.
[/quote]

but i just bought brand new tires, would they wear that quickly? within 1 to 2 week

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i checked it out and front left bearing completely gone and the right starting to also

Mechanic wanted to charge $600 for parts n labour but i can get the parts for $99 lol.

But how do i check if my car has ABS or not because the supplier said there is a difference but Im pretty sure i got ABS but how i know 4 sure

· Registered
5,542 Posts
I'm gonna go on a limb and assume all Mazda3's came with ABS except the base models. Either way it's still gonna be pretty expensive because I'm pretty sure the bearings are press in not bolt in, so unless you have the right tools at home this isn't a DIY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.