Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone notice a slight shake in the steering wheel at higher speeds (over 110 km/h). Maybe I'm just overly paranoid and imagining it, but it almost feels like the steering wheel trembles when on the highway. It's slightly more noticable around curves.
Could it be a normal feeling from lower profile tires? I've never had a car with them before. Or could the balance be out? Although, it's not that bad, so I'm guessing it's not that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Tremble + increase around curves doesn't sound like a balance problem. Does the tremble increase for both left and right turn curves?

Sounds more to me like you have something stuck on a front tire, like a piece of road tar, or gum, or a sizable rock, or something.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
could also be the road, i think. and you've got the lower profile tires, so you might be feeling it more.:?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have some of it... not a balancing issue as it doesn't get worst at any point of speed. I think it is more from the electrical hydraulic pump....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm Running into that problem too. If you left the steering wheel go at 110km + it swirves slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts