Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had problems with two of them allready. First one broke within the c.v. boot and the whole axel needed to be replaced the second one the boot ripped right off of the axel and is shooting grease allover the place. thats 2 and on the right side of my car. errrr cant wait to go to mazda tomorrow get get this one fixed. :mad: :bash: :cry:

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
I havent really heard of this much

Do you consistantly have the wheel cranked going over bumps and curbs or something?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
sucks if you're lowered, considering they won't cover it under warranty too now. =\

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
why not, could they prove it happened because you're lowered? i'd demand they re-enact the scenario using robert stack and eerie music.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=66935.msg1149295#msg1149295 date=1168805175]
why not, could they prove it happened because you're lowered? i'd demand they re-enact the scenario using robert stack and eerie music.
[/quote]

lol

yeah, anything connected to the suspension would void it. the lowered springs, and higher compression rate putting extra and unneeded strees onto the c.v boots and axles which is why they became unattached.

now i don't agree with thats why, but i'm pretty sure they wouldn't cover it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
A mild drop is fine. 2.0 and lower you will have some problems.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=KoRn link=topic=66935.msg1149867#msg1149867 date=1168831792]
A mild drop is fine. 2.0 and lower you will have some problems.
[/quote]

i'm not disagreeing with you on that, but mazda will see it differently thats all i'm getting at.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i know what they will say allready. They will tell me they wont cover it and i was aware of these problems before I put the coilovers on in the first place. The thing that pisses me off is that its happened 2 times now. although first time was my fault. and yeah im at about a 2 inch drop. didnt ever plan on going that low but it looks the best and feels the best on the steering response ect.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have an '04 w/ 24,000 miles on it and it seems my right axle is broken. I have stechs and they say its the cause. Dealer said labor is covered under warranty but not the parts.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=66935.msg1150501#msg1150501 date=1168881689]
right axle is broken or CV boot is broken?
[/quote]

yeah, there's only two axles right?

maybe each axle is two parts.. but yea

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from what i remember the left axle is closer to the transmission and is one part. the right axle is further from the transmission and is at least 2 seperate parts. i have pictures of what i did to the car this time and i will post latter for everyone to help me decide how the hell this happened

·
Registered
836 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

they are kinda hard to see but whats going on here is the boot riped all the way around where it is clamed but was still intact at the very top where the clam starts. axle and joints still worked but boot was torn so it was shooting grease everywhere. have no clue how it happened though wish i did so i could make sure it didnt happen again.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Oh damn! Yeah. Thats very interesting how that might have happened. Do you know of other members that had this happen to them? Your the first I have seen on here so far.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just curious. Is that a mild drop with those or a 2.0 drop?

[quote author=Delfonic link=topic=66935.msg1150412#msg1150412 date=1168877935]
I have an '04 w/ 24,000 miles on it and it seems my right axle is broken. I have stechs and they say its the cause. Dealer said labor is covered under warranty but not the parts.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
see thats exactly the problem the drop is 2in maybe more. So therefore the pressure on the joint has shifted and i believe its shifting to the outer boot and causing me to have this problem. My only guess is to raise the car up a half inch and see what happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts