Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand this and I hope it dosen't happen again...

I was driving home, and I'm 2 blocks or so from my apartment. The lane I'm in merges into another one. There is a guy in a eclipse behind me with a busted driver side corner (no headlight, smashed in bumper) and as we both turn left into these lanes, I start to merge. This guy decided he wasn't into that and races infront of me, almost smashing in the left side of my car.

I honk at him and he turns right at the end of the block where I'm also turning. As I turn, I see him pull over and I continue on. As I pass him, (yep, you guessed it) he pulls out right behind me and rides my bumper practically. There is a stop sign just up the block and I usually turn left. Something told me to go straight so he won't see where I live. I stop, then pull over right away. As I do, he stops in the middle of the road and sits there for a moment. Then he revs his little engine and takes off. I wait a couple minutes and take the long way home.

What an idiot. I don't understand why a young punk of a guy feels he must try and intimidate someone. I guess his car was an attempt to compensate for lack of manhood.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not defending this jerk but sometimes you just gotta let things go. Its amazing, I see young girls by themselves get into road rage incidents, and I'm thinking there are alot if pyschos out there its just not worth it. I live near Daytona Beach and this father of two was just shot and killed on his way home from the Daytona 500. The 3 perps were driving around traffic in the emergency lane on the highway, and the guy that got killed got pissed and cut them off. They gotta out to fight, and now he is dead. I get pissed driving too, but I'm trying to relax. I had some guy in an old beater that cut me off twice, so I passed him and flipped him off. He got in front of me and locked them up sideways with cars all around. I said fuck this and pulled a ueey. He did'nt give two shits about his car. I don't want my brand new car screwed up. Anyway my point is you gotta let those things go.  At least you were smart enough to not let him know where you live. If you had maybe he would have come back and F'd up your car, maybe worse. Sorry that happened. Be safe.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually don't honk, but this one time I did. When I saw the front end of his car nearly collide with the side of my car, I had to do something. He was completely in the wrong. I guess he was mad a woman put him in his place. :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've actually taken the long way home as well, I was followed for about 5 turns I made (for no reason whatsoever)

But I think you did the right thing, or else he would have just harassed you.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=71544.msg1259095#msg1259095 date=1173486003]
I usually don't honk, but this one time I did. When I saw the front end of his car nearly collide with the side of my car, I had to do something. He was completely in the wrong. I guess he was mad a woman put him in his place. :)
[/quote]
pay me 6.28 an hour and you got yourself a body guard

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
[quote author=reivaj link=topic=71544.msg1259368#msg1259368 date=1173497267]
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=71544.msg1259095#msg1259095 date=1173486003]
[/quote]
pay me 6.28 an hour and you got yourself a body guard
[/quote]

dude... I got more than that working as a drugstore cashier

R

·
0 Posts
lol, their are these ppl in uniforms that go around and actually take care of the assholes on the roads ppl...believe it or not they are the same ones that write out tickets to you guys...

next time something like this happens...call them

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=71544.msg1259985#msg1259985 date=1173553912]
lol, their are these ppl in uniforms that go around and actually take care of the assholes on the roads ppl...believe it or not they are the same ones that write out tickets to you guys...

next time something like this happens...call them
[/quote]
or... she can just hire me

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Yeah I had something a bit similar happen. Some dudes in their celica GT decided they needed to merge into my lane to pass someone in front of them. Never mind the fact that they were NEXT to me when they tried to merge (they had plenty of room to accelerate ahead of me and merge before they came up behind the person in their lane...though since it was a Scion tC with a HUGE body kit it might not of had the omph to manage that).

They missed clipping me by about a quarter inch only because I swerved half into the right lane and stood on the brakes (I knew there was no body in that lane). The best part was they drove about another 100 yards so they could pop a damn U turn. They might have saved themselves 5 seconds by being douches and nearly hitting me and passing the guy in front of them (who was also going about 50mph in a 45mph zone (I had been doing maybe 52).

On occasion I wish I was in my old saturn, because in a situation like that I probably would have just let them hit me.
-Matt

G

·
0 Posts
Sometimes it's all about size on the road....when driving my 3 this kind of stuff seemed to happen to me all the time....people seem to think they can force small cars out of their way, even if they're also driving a small car. This happens to me a lot less in my truck. I'm less concerned about people moving over on me now, as they're gonna get more damage than me unless they're driving a Tahoe or larger. People also pull out in front of me a lot less now.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
I try not to get road rage or drive like an idiot.. I have the only blue Mazda3 around here and it's pretty easy to spot. I don't want to come out to my car one day to find curse words keyed into my door or find my headlights busted out :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
[quote author=GimmeA3s link=topic=71544.msg1262638#msg1262638 date=1173710410]
Sometimes it's all about size on the road....when driving my 3 this kind of stuff seemed to happen to me all the time....people seem to think they can force small cars out of their way, even if they're also driving a small car. This happens to me a lot less in my truck. I'm less concerned about people moving over on me now, as they're gonna get more damage than me unless they're driving a Tahoe or larger. People also pull out in front of me a lot less now.
[/quote]

The first week I had my extended cab 4X4 F-150 I had 3 different people pull right out in front of me. I was surprised at how little those people valued their lives!!! Size does matter on the roads these days but some idiots still want to test other people's brake systems a little too much.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[quote author=fusionowner link=topic=71544.msg1262654#msg1262654 date=1173711215]
Size does matter on the roads these days but some idiots still want to test other people's brake systems a little too much.
[/quote]

And reaction times as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts