Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Ya no fights, but no one wants to fight me anyway

Im up in lake county, above cook right below cheeseland.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
"Whats the coolest thing you've done lately"

literally the coolest thing ive done was go to san francisco to auto-x. foggy, windy, and cold, defiantly wasn't prepared after the 100 degree heat we have been having in the valley.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
making $200 in one day on the stock market. Not a lot, but for a stock that's $8.00+ and you have 350 shares; it's not a bad day at all!!

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Dunno. Probably done and doing a partial reno on my kitchen and first floor.

What is being done.

1) Replace a couple of existing cabinets with wider ones (2) 12" cabinets being replaced with 15" width cabinets (next to the fridge). Ripping out a floor to ceiling shallow cabinet and 3/4 wall, extending counter tops and doing cabinets above and below.

We managed to find 3 cabinets from Habitat for Humanity Re-stores that match the style of the cabinets that we already have. I am also making a custom wine rack to go up to between two of the cabinets

2) Paint all cabinets white on the exterior (interior can stay light oak color), new hinges and handles

3) light grey subway tile back splash

4) Deep deep green granite tile counter tops (think almost black deep green).

5) bamboo floors for the entire first floor (which means ripping up the carpeting and linoleum, also the 1/4 ply that the linoleum is glued to and the bazillion staples holding the 1/4 ply to the 3/4 ply subfloor).

6) Pedestal sink in the half bath on the first floor (good that is going to be a pain, I have to move plumbing, there is HAVC that runs through the back wall in there where the pumbing needs to go, the central air unit is immediately below the half bath where I need to get at the plumbing, sheesh).

7) moving the telephone jack that is in the 3/4 wall and adding a new electrical outlet along the backsplash.

Sunday I put in a days work and then after work yesterday I put in a couple of hours. I ripped out the floor to ceiling cabinet

I demo'd the 3/4 wall and started patching the wall (just needs 1 more coat of spakle and a little sanding)

On Monday my son was a really great helper. Here is him with his first power tool. Mommy of course made daddy clean his hands after holding the drill.

Figuring out where the drill the new holes for the cabinet screws (yay wider cabinets!)

Yay wider cabinets!

Tonight it is going to be ripping up more of the floors and getting those staples out and ordering the bamboo floors after re-measuring a 3rd time to ensure I am ordering the proper amount of flooring and quarter round.

Actually every night this week will be ripping up the floors.

This weekend its ripping out the old vanity in the half bath and moving the shut-off valves and feed lines for the new sink later as well as patching the ceiling, building the wine rack, painting it, installing the top cabinets and wine rack and painting the half bath. Weekend of the 4th my in-laws are coming to help out with the tile counter tops and bamboo floors and time permiting the back splash (otherwise my wife and I will do the back splash later).
-Matt

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The coolest thing I did this week was find a penny stock that was worth $.0034 at the time I bought it is now worth $.018. The company is also looking to possibly be bought out for $0.20/share. I'm pumped, because if that happens I won't even care about the 35% capital gains tax. Nothing like being able to buy 50,000 shares for $170. I'm horrible at math, but I'm currently up over 400%.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Haven't done it yet but tomorrow (Wed.) night I get to see the NY Red Bulls play Chivas of Guadalajara. If you're in to soccer and know about Chivas, you know why I'm pumped. They have a few Mexican national team players on their roster, and they have won their fair share of mexican league titles. Oh and we are sitting dead center first row. It's going to be insane, can't wait!

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
[quote author=ITHURTZ link=topic=115576.msg2414006#msg2414006 date=1214265895]
Ya no fights, but no one wants to fight me anyway

Im up in lake county, above cook right below cheeseland.
[/quote]

:lmao:

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
I got a 4 banger colorado loaded with about 2000 pounds of sandbags in the bed to do a burnout. I was heartily impressed it could even squeal those tires, let alone lay down some smoke.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I wish my atx 3 could at least chirp. The only thing it can do is get a little loose when taking a turn to hard with too much throttle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts