Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
www.crutchfield.com

Go to the "outfit my car" link in the "Car Audio & Video" tab, input all your cars info, and go from there. They have a huge selection, and generally there are plenty of customer reviews for each product. They also give free shipping on orders over $130, and supply installation equipment and manuals (such as vehicle specific dash kit, wiring harness, instructions, etc).

As far as the unit you have picked.. it has had some pretty bad reviews. 3/5 stars on Crutchfield over 28 reviews is pretty bad. I think you can find better. Also, are you looking for integrated Nav or not? The unit you selected has Nav, but it is not one of your requirements. If you do want Nav, I recommend Kenwood, as they use Garmin nav.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=135028.msg2905366#msg2905366 date=1233546056]
www.crutchfield.com

Go to the "outfit my car" link in the "Car Audio & Video" tab, input all your cars info, and go from there. They have a huge selection, and generally there are plenty of customer reviews for each product. They also give free shipping on orders over $130, and supply installation equipment and manuals (such as vehicle specific dash kit, wiring harness, instructions, etc).

As far as the unit you have picked.. it has had some pretty bad reviews. 3/5 stars on Crutchfield over 28 reviews is pretty bad. I think you can find better. Also, are you looking for integrated Nav or not? The unit you selected has Nav, but it is not one of your requirements. If you do want Nav, I recommend Kenwood, as they use Garmin nav.
[/quote]

I don't have to have nav, but its a nice bonus. Also, I'm not really sure you can look at the 3/5 star score alone. Most of the bad reviews come from early adopters of the product before it had what seems to be a crucial firmware update. I looked at the Kenwood too but I hear the GUI is horrible. Anyone have the Pioneer or Kenwood unit and can offer advise?

Also, what about this one....
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4000DVD-2-Din-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B001604QGW/ref=pd_sim_e_1

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I have a Kenwood. While the GUI isnt going to win any beauty awards, its very responsive and does what I need it to do, quickly. While I cant tell you its better or not than the Pioneer, as I havent had them both, I would recommend the Kenwood. The UI isnt great, but it isnt a deal breaker for me (and I'm an Ad/Graphic Design student.. ).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've got the Kenwood DNX5120 in the Odyssey and we love it. If you don't need NAV, you can get the 512 for cheaper.

I haven't used the USB input for MP3s, but the iPod interface is awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts