Mazda3 Forums banner

5221 - 5240 of 5241 Posts

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
Miata: New motor mounts, timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, crank seal, cam seals, belt tensioners, and painted calipers.

Ahh, the joys of 15 year old cars.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Steering has developed some play and is nastiest when transitioning from 1 direction to another, e.g. recovery after a turn. Feels wobbly at slow speeds and squirmy and downright scary on the highway. So bad I almost considered getting it AAA'd when i went to the dealer for an under-warranty check. Of course Ira said they could find nothing wrong...funny that.

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
Miata: new exhaust tip, new battery.

Guy welding the exhaust tip somehow exploded the battery. The battery vents open up near the exhaust tip... and in the process of welding, somehow killed the battery.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Brake pads all around. The ones I had were utter pieces of shit. These have a ton of bite to them.
Freshly detailed, inside and out. All carpets and seats shampooped, outside polished and topped with 2 coats of sealant.
Almost 80,000 miles

·
Registered
289 Posts
Heya fellas... Been a long long time since I posted. The Mazda 3i I have was my first car, and a learning experience all in its own. I miss the days when I thought lowering springs, an exhaust, and intake made my car cool/fast. I still bitterly remember the last second desicion at the dealership to get the auto instead of manual. It was a choice which plagues me to this day.
A lot has changed, and the Mazda has spent months at a time sitting without being used, but I have to say it has been reliable. 102k miles and nothing but oil changes, and a one off purge valve solenoid. I probably should take better care of it than I have, but even though I dread driving it, it has always been there when I needed it.
Over the past month I have taken it back to stock except for the lowering springs, and have been running thinner synthetic oil in it with great results. Highway mileage has been a real 38+ mpg when keeping it under 65, so it has been great for long trips. It's a good winter car with the Bridgestone Blizzak tires. At its mileage (100+ k) I will probably just keep it until I no longer have a need for it.
Rear wheel drive for summertime fun can't be beat... People think of the 82-92 Camaro's as crap cars, or redneck cars, but I have the pride knowing I put almost every part of the car together myself. From the engine, transmission to the rear end, my own parts selections, and own two hands have built a car which I really love driving. With the beefed up suspension I can hang with STIs and other much more expensive cars in the twisties.

Here is a pic of my Mazda before I took it back to stock, and the second is my 83 Camaro :) Hope everyone is enjoying their cars.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm selling her. Picked up an e92 m. If anyone is looking for a steal on a modded / babied/ low mile ms3, I've got one for sale.

5221 - 5240 of 5241 Posts