Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didnt find anything, I have a ATX hatch...So yesterday i was pumping gas and when i was getting ready to leave I pressed on the brake and tried to shift it to Drive but it wouldnt let me move from Park. I was like whats going on? So i let go of the brake and tried shifting to Drive and it worked. I didnt think much of it... so later that night it happened again but this time it took me like 5 minutes to finally shift to drive. Today it has happened to me 3 times already... Whats going on with my car? Can anyone help me out with this? Anyone have any advise?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=montes313 link=topic=68180.msg1175515#msg1175515 date=1170121370]
I did a search but didnt find anything, I have a ATX hatch...So yesterday i was pumping gas and when i was getting ready to leave I pressed on the brake and tried to shift it to Drive but it wouldnt let me move from Park. I was like whats going on? So i let go of the brake and tried shifting to Drive and it worked. I didnt think much of it... so later that night it happened again but this time it took me like 5 minutes to finally shift to drive. Today it has happened to me 3 times already... Whats going on with my car? Can anyone help me out with this? Anyone have any advise?
[/quote]

Sounds like a potential Neutral/Safety Switch malfunction. The car should still be in warranty, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 44125 miles on it and its an 04 is it still under warranty? And I know im going to have to take my intake off and the stock back in... think they'll give me crap about my tein h-tech lowering springs?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=montes313 link=topic=68180.msg1175579#msg1175579 date=1170123268]
I have 44125 miles on it and its an 04 is it still under warranty? And I know im going to have to take my intake off and the stock back in... think they'll give me crap about my tein h-tech lowering springs?
[/quote]

I also have an 04 and mine came with a 4yr 50k warranty. Those mods will have no bearing on warranty coverage for this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts