Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well let the dreaming begin.

realistically I am just gonna put in a nice system and drop it 1.5 inches..and depending on the body skirts available I'll probably add a nice clean kit with a dark tint.

And if I stumble on some money I'll do intake/headers/exhuast/ecu.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Tint 35% all around. Change the headlight bulbs for Sylvania Extra or Super White.

Nothing else. I'm not into coffee can exhausts and park bench spoilers :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like it like that (MZ3 sport GT winning blue). I'll only buy 16'' wheel winter tire (probably Michelin).

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, here's my plan for my MZ6... but right now finances are really low:

35% tint all the way around
Intake
Eighbach Springs
Lowered Foglights

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes tinted glass (50% back and sides, and 40% front doors), but in spring only 8)

·
Registered
187 Posts
A quick list, basically the same order I plan on doing them:

• Window Tint all around (waiting to see how it looks on Titanium Grey before I decide how dark)
  • Low Restriction Intake
  • Eibach Springs
  • New component speakers in door, replacement amplifier for stereo (I will probably wait until the aftermarket offers a decent kit for swapping the radio before I transplant some of the parts from my Civic's bangin' system)
  • ... eventually a turbo, perhaps? :)[/list:u]
    I'll already have the Xenon and Sport package, so I'm not doing any lighting, wheel/tire, or ground effects mods. I'm not into appearance mods that scream "look at me, I am an attention whore and I have no taste!" ... I prefer a subtle but strong sleeper look. An interesting use of the word, as I've met dozens of ricers who refer to ricing out their car as just that ... "Euro look". I don't bother wasting my time telling them what "Euro look" is. :roll:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
dinu01 said:
Oh yeah, and 4 winter tires for our "lovely" winters.
hahaha... I'll grab a few of those ;)

For me, I'll probably get
-Tokico shocks
-rims
-spoiler (if not factory)
-a good stereo
-K&N filter

Anything I can do to keep me in H-stock or... G-stock?? ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
besides winter tires, nothing.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
neomonkey said:
besides winter tires, nothing.
Try tinting 35% - the lightest available. I have this on the Protege and I don't know how I lived w/out it until now. Keeps the car cool in the summer and peeps away at night when you're with your girl :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Does lowering the car kill any of its handling (or warranties?)

If not, I definately think it needs to be lowered. The sedan stands as tall as the Toyota Corolla and is just as long, it even looks topheavy in some images.

Also want to swap out the 17" rims for 18-19" ones and get superwhites for the projectors and foglamps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
tint (not sure how dark yet)
audio system for sq competition (most likely iasca)

other than that, i don't really see a need for anything else. if i should pick up a sponsorship or two...i'd allow coilovers/wheels and possibly a body kit, but i'd really rather not draw attention to the car except during the audio competitions...no need for nosy people snooping around the 3 all the time :wink:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Did I hear the word "sleeper"?

nah... I must've been dreaming ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
oh yes...and after warranty is up and whatnot...assuming i haven't traded in the car for a mazdaspeed version by then (hoping for awd and other goodies that aren't exactly bolt-on)...then in that case, i will start in on a lengthy list of mods for more power.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well well well haha....lets see...i agree with a couple of you that the sleeper look is the way to go...but my mods are as follows:

hopefully be able to upgrade the sound system...to maybe a 500 watt system...

the lighting inside the car, ie dome and map lights...change them to Led's accordingly, depending on the color of my car...

Tint, not sure what the percentage because i havent really decided which color to get...tho that winning blue is very finee...

Rims...maybe 17's or 18's not sure yet, fore i need to see the car in person first hehe..

KnN filter..

intake

catback exhaust( gonna try to get Borla to sponsor hahaa since they are based right here in oxnard...haha but i doubt ill get that sponsor haha ;)...but a nice clean exahust no coffee can as i already have one on my toyota haha)

and the rest are still up in the air...but since i wont be trading this car in...this car is for keeps for the rest of my life...haha...i want to turbo it in a few years....*sigh*

damn...haha...i can already feel the burning in my pockets :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
want to put some blue LED's in place of some of the interior lights in my MZ6.
I'm curious how that works ... I have a hard time imagining blue LED's being a suitable replacement for regular lightbulbs to give you adequate light. Any examples of this on the net?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My cousin did it for his car.

You simply change the bulb from a normal white one to a blue one... (that light that's right in the center of the roof).
Could probably do the same for map lights. You just have to take the assembly apart, as far as I know.

MZ6ZoomZoom, this is what you're referring to, right?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts