Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got out of work with my 06, we have record-lows of temperature right now.

When I was driving on the overpass, I noticed a warning light that came up next to the '0' of the tachometer, and went away before I could see what it was. After some research, I found out the TPMS can f*ck up during cold weather.

Thing is, I live in Canada, so I do not have TPMS.. :?

Anybody knows what warning light is that?

Thanks!

Edit: the manual dosen't help, and it dosen't go on if I put the ignition on/engine off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to me on my way home from work today. I came on searching for any info on what the light is and came up with nothing. I am going into the dealer tommorrow.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
like a cut-away section of a semi-inflated tire on the road. it comes on each time the ignition switch is turrned on, as are all the warning/status lights, as a test.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=67156.msg1155489#msg1155489 date=1169098918]
like a cut-away section of a semi-inflated tire on the road. it comes on each time the ignition switch is turrned on, as are all the warning/status lights, as a test.
[/quote]

I don't think we're talking about the same light here; it dosen't show up with the ignition on.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
That was your TPMS. All the dashes in the car are rigged that way, regardless. So if you don't have TPMS it's probably always done that.... and somehow you got a portion of a TPMS package. Mine does that all the time, due to the decrease in pressure caused by cold weather. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went back on again, and I was able to see what it was.

It turns on when I'm doing a highway-speed turn to the right; guess I'm low of windsheild washer fluid. :p

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mine never came on in cold weather. Maybe you should check your tire pressure!!!!! It might really be low pressure!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts