Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer drilled holes in the front bumper for a license plate. I'm not thrilled about putting a license on the front of my car nor putting on a sports bra.... any suggestions guys?? The holes BTW have jagged edges and are unattractive.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Why did they do that? Is a front licence plate required by law where you live? If not I would have them repair the holes....

Here there's no front licence plate....if a dealer would drill holes to place some publicity or whatever and I never asked for that, they would get hell!!!

PS: put your location in your profile please.

·
Registered
137 Posts
it's the law in the u.s or at least here in cali. some people put their plates on their dash, but they'll get pulled over anyway cause it's supposed to be on the bumper.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
gtibri said:
it's the law in the u.s or at least here in cali. some people put their plates on their dash, but they'll get pulled over anyway cause it's supposed to be on the bumper.
If so you have no case. For a flawless look, plugs, sanding and repaint....

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It is a law in virtually every state in the US. Unless a cop has something else to pull u over for, you most likey wont get a ticket for no front plate. Although I have friends that ate a ticket or two for no front license plate. I think they give the cop lip... who knows.

As for the holes... im with M3-GT, you will need to fill, sand and repaint the whole bumper. Before I picked up my car, I specifically told the dealership... "if there is holes in the front OR rear bumpers, there will be holes in the contract."

Zero holes.. yipee

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Same in Pennsylvania, but you have to watch if you get a dealer traded car from New Jersey, where they do require front plates :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i live in louisiana... we don't have a need for front license plates... the car was bought through a second dealer (the delaer I bought it from traded with another distant dealer)... Anyway, It's a great car but I'm not sure what to do with the holes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Get one of those whte trash airbrushed license plates from a fair. Just kidding! Find something to mount there or fix the holes, what's to figure out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yet another thing that baffles me...

Why on earth do so many people complain about having front license plates? If it's the law where you live, just deal with it. If there really are people out there who are so idiotic that they will make fun of you for having plates on the front, why are you so anxious to please them?

If it's an anti-ticket measure, I have even less sympathy for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
gambitl7 said:
HAHAHA
Not in Georgia we don't need front plates.
No holes for us....
Yup, I have nice little pin sized holes. Never touched with a screw. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ottawa drivers could probably get away with it most of the time, because we are neighbours to Hull, Quebec, and there are sooo many Quebec licence plates in Ottawa on any given day, that Ottawa Police probably dont even blink anymore when they see a car with no front plate... they just assume its a Quebec car and proceed to the nearest Tim Hortons...

·
Registered
878 Posts
A lot of dealers will install a front plate holder just to put on the name of the dealership. I've seen that many times around here.
My MZ3 was on the showroom floor, and I told him I wouldn't buy the car if they tried that on mine when they take it to the back to get it ready. My PT Cruiser had that done before I bought it used. I just bit the bullet and put on a nice Tampa Bay Buc's license plate. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts