Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know whether to get cold air intake or an exhaust system. a friend told me to do exhaust cuz without it i'll be blowin too much air out with a stock exhaust. also i was wonderin if yall had ne ideas on engine cover colors. i already got the red calipers.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I started with exhaust. They compliment each other but I dont see any wrong thing to start with there. If you have money for exhaust that is where I would start. I have the trubendz exhaust which was about the best price that I found.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
I also started with an exhaust. I should of went with a cold air first. It provided the most gains, especially with the exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm personally doing my short shifter before exhaust and intake. It comes in tomorrow :D Also, ground your throttle body. It helps. And do a red/black engine cover set up with red calipers.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=Corbs link=topic=71269.msg1252498#msg1252498 date=1173219277]
i dont know whether to get cold air intake or an exhaust system. a friend told me to do exhaust cuz without it i'll be blowin too much air out with a stock exhaust. also i was wonderin if yall had ne ideas on engine cover colors. i already got the red calipers.
[/quote]

INTAKE! I started out with mine and I plan to get an exhaust eventually. Probably the trubendz

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh dirty, yea i was thinkin cold air. i found a nice K&N typhoon series. i wanna get a red one but they only make chrome. and yea i'll prob end up doin a red and black engine cover. i got an 07 so my cover is a little diff from the pics i've seen so hopefully i can come up with someone cool yall will like.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
i just ordered my mazdaspeed cold air intake last night and can't wait to get it in! i don't really think it matters which you get first just as long as you're happy with your purchase

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
[/quote]

first, your frieds is an idiot. a cai doesn't increase the volume of air going in to the egine, just lowers the airs temperature.

second, i'd go with the cai first.

·
Registered
819 Posts
[/quote]

MOds: this should be in performance...

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
wrong section!

then...

wait

save money so u can get exhaust and intake at once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts