What time do you wash your car?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question everyone! What time do you wash your car and how long does it normally take? AND when you do detail your car (wax, detail everything) what time and how long does it take you guys and gals?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wash in the evening, so there's more shade and the sun doesn't dry the water so quickly, soas to create water spots. If I do inside and out it takes about 45 minutes. I don't bother waxing and detailing because I don't have a car I'd bother doing that to. Not really proud about the outback or tracker.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a question....
How do you guys wash your car in a cold winter like Toronto?
I see some really clean cars on the street in cold winter and I always wonder where they clean their cars...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I rarely do - BUT when I do it, I try to look for a do it yourself place where I can use a water gun to just spray the car, without any brushes touching it - with the salt and mud/ricks/etc on the roads, you should try to avoid going to those places w/brushes.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wash my car in the afternoon. I try to make sure the shade of my home can keep the sun from drying out the car too quickly causing ugly water spots.

And if I wax, vacuum, clean tire sidewalls, etc. the whole enchilada, it can take me upwards of 2 hours to do.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got some free washes off the Air Miles Program at Shell, so I was my car on the no touch washes and it does an ok job. Otherwise, I get it hand washed for around 8$. I don't have a garage, so no other options really... specially when it's -20C out.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
During the winter I wash anytime I feel like it. But during the summer, about 15 minutes before the sun sets. Otherwise the sun is too brutal and it's too hot.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Afternoon in the summer/fall/spring. I would like to wash my car but I don't know anyplace safe to have her washed in the winter. Automatic car washes link to my wheels so I'm scared they're going to mess up the wheels and then I keep thinking there are gonna be scratches all over her when she gets out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wash my at night at the 25c wash, usually ~11 if i dont have school the next day, that way i can dry it w/o getting spots and no-one else is around..its kind of peaceful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
csweeney said:
During the winter I wash anytime I feel like it. But during the summer, about 15 minutes before the sun sets. Otherwise the sun is too brutal and it's too hot.
:D Ha! During winter! Can you call it winter when you live in Texas?? I guess its all relative. Just seems funny to a canuck freezing in minus 20 weather.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
It's all relative, but technically the calendar says it's winter. Otherwise I would call this time of year our fall. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts