Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil:

After writing my explanation for the MSD in my other post I told myself I should go check on the website for the prices. To my big surprise... or maybe not (damn those salemen!) the price for a Mz3 Sport GT with A/C has an MSRP of $22,490 and with $3000 Trade-in the lease is $280/Month. (no Cashdown!)

Now the "Salesman" gave me a price of $22,612 for a Sport GS with A/C. With the MSD plan, a $2,200 Trade-in and $1500 Cashdown was charging me $284/Month.

Now... before I go back at the dealership and start b*tching, I really hope someone here has a reasonable explanation. Please....!

I have been checking out the www.mazda.ca site for the past weeks but I never noticed how much he had priced the car before I got home! Argh!!! Good thing I didn't sign anything!

:evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I could be WAY off here in my reply, but one reason the overall price would be more than the website is because dealers do jack up prices with other "admin" fees and various other costs included in "taxes" and "additional fees" that aren't really listed on the Mazda website. That site does clearly state that the prices quotes DO NOT include some of the friehgt, PDI, etc. charges that do still apply.

From my experience, the CHEAPEST price I could get was actually online! I'm a huge fan and a longtime client of LeaseWin in Toronto who also happens to own Cars4U.com. I gave them a look and even Avante Mazda couldnt match it! They came in $5 more per montly payment which IS significant in my longrun financing quote, so Cars4U seems the best way to go.

Go check them out, you can get an INSTANT quote on their site after signing up, and it DOES include all extra miscellanious charges. I'll bet they'll beat your dealer quote! They'll give you a cash, finance, and lease quote that's very impressive.

Again, I don't know what I'm talking about 99% of the time, so if this is in no way why your dealer is "screwing you around" and my alternative is no help, then sorry. Just trying to be a help! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The correct price on a GT sport 5spd a/c and no moonroof is $23,685 with freight, PDI, etc included. With $2200 trade and $1500 dwn your payment should be $256 plus tax according to my calcs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Omg I am so totaly messed up!

My mistake was that the price " of the vehicle " wasn't with Freight etc. Cuz I rechecked with out the added taxes and it was almost the same amount he gave me (the salesman). Therefore I am on crack.

Ugh, why is this (leasing a car) so freaking complicated! I am going insane!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a quote from cars4u and they were almost $1000 less than retail! (on a Sport GT w leather, moonroof and auto) I'm still going to shop a couple of Toronto area dealers, but I don't expect anyone to beat that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts