Mazda3 Forums banner

What sub is in your car currently?

What Subwoofers Are In Your Car - POLL

5K views 55 replies 47 participants last post by  07GLXYGRY 
#1 ·
Just thought this would be interesting to see how this turns out... if you post other/various, you should make a post and just say what other brand you are using if its a Pioneer, eD, Sony or whatever.

This isnt about whos is better.. just to see what the majority of Mazda 3 owners have put in their cars... thats all :)

#5 ·
[quote author=plazma link=topic=72048.msg1268431#msg1268431 date=1173930811]
Just thought this would be interesting to see how this turns out... if you post other/various, you should make a post and just say what other brand you are using if its a Pioneer, eD, Sony or whatever.

This isnt about whos is better.. just to see what the majority of Mazda 3 owners have put in their cars... thats all :)
[/quote]

Are you sure it's not a forum for you to rip on anyone using a lower end subwoofer? I have a Fi SSD 10" by the way.

#6 ·
im not gonna rip on anyone.. like i said.. just wanted to see what the majority of people have, thats all

As for your sub, ive heard of the name.. have no clue what any of their stuff sounds like... thats the problem with these indie companies... too bad smaller shops dont promote them instead of the big names...

I know the problem with most shops is that you have to place an order for so much before you can be called a dealer... im sure with companies like Fi, eD, TC Sounds or whatever.. they wouldnt be like that and would be glad to have them promote their stuff.

#10 ·
Amp: Rockford P3001 (I think cant remember, maybe a P3002)

Really old Subs: Two 12" JLs (8 ohm) Long gone.

Old Subs: Two 12" Pioneers (2x2 ohm) in a ported box. Tickled the brain and I am not joking. Recently got rid of.

New Subs: Two 8" Rockford Punch P2's (4 ohm) in sealed box. Give a nice punch all I really need/want. Plus I have cargo space now.
Pics to come.

#14 ·

[/quote]

whatcha got in your's plaz?

#16 ·
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=72048.msg1270620#msg1270620 date=1174021788]

[/quote]

whatcha got in your's plaz?
[/quote]

Elemental Design 10 inch sub... more than enough bass... any more and my bowels would rupture :)

#24 ·
[quote author=zoomzoom23 link=topic=72048.msg1272778#msg1272778 date=1174113389]
Single Peerless 12".

In the process of building new box (previous was too big, therefore too 'boomy').
[/quote]

was your old box a ported or sealed enclosure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.