Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum. But I figured this was the only place I could get some good advice on my situation. I have a 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback. Recently I joined the Army National Guard and will be going to basic training in April. When I get back I plan on buying a new car. My Mazda 3 recently developed a knock in the engine. I have had several mechanics diagnose the problem and they all believe it is a wrist pin. I have been driving it for about two months like this now with no problems. The car also seems to burn oil because I have to top it off every few weeks or so, and I notice a bad smell sometimes after driving. My friend, who is a NMRA mechanic told me he would tear down the motor and replace the bad parts if the motor ever gave out on me. I decided that since I will be getting a new car after basic training that I should just try to sell or trade the Mazda. However, I do not know who would buy my car considering all the problems with the motor. And I doubt I could get hardly anything from a trade-in either. The car has been a daily driver for about 5 years now and has about 150,000 miles on it. So with the miles always getting higher, it is inevitable that something else is going to go wrong if I keep driving the car the way it is. Any help or advice would be appreciated!
:?:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts