Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening.

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 sport 2.3 manual. Milage it starting to get high and it's my only daily driver to and from work. Currently has 262xxx km. What should I be watching for? Clutch was just redone, front caliper,axles,hanger bearing, control arms,wheel bearings,rear calipers and pads,o2 sensor upstream. Just want to keep her in good running shape. I put around 100km a day

·
Registered
281 Posts
  • unchecked oil consumption (if you use the OEM cartridge filter, you might consider the spin-on conversion)
  • passenger motor mount failure
  • be mindful that regular high-rev shifting can hurry relatively weak synchros out the door (especially 3rd-to-4th, 4th-to-5th?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • unchecked oil consumption (if you use the OEM cartridge filter, you might consider the spin-on conversion)
  • passenger motor mount failure
  • be mindful that regular high-rev shifting can hurry relatively weak synchros out the door (especially 3rd-to-4th, 4th-to-5th?)
Thanks for the reply. Passenger mount was changed when I did the clutch a year ago. I thought the power band was in around 3000 to 3500rpm? No obvious leaking going on. How much is the spin on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts